We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to put a "Read more" on status? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Felipe
Felipe Jan 25 '13
Hii there

I want to put a "Read more" for large texts. Cause my site is for learn english and the peoples share large texts and this texts occupy the entire page.

Someone can help me?

Thanks!
Unique
Unique Jan 25 '13
+10 good question
Tester
Tester Jan 25 '13
You mean pagination, or "more" in BLOGS?
Felipe
Felipe Jan 25 '13

Quote from Unique +10 good question

Yeah! I hope someone for help ;D

Quote from Tester You mean pagination, or "more" in BLOGS?

A "more" like a blog but in the place where I post things, on status. got it?

Thanks!
Ronald Roberts
Ronald Roberts Jan 25 '13
I think I am looking for the same thing....

I am finding out my users just cant seem use the - - more - - statement and this is driving me crazy. I think it should allow the first 4 or 5 lines and then the system should automatically insert the - - more - - statement.

Felipe
Felipe Jan 26 '13
Quote from Ronald Roberts I think I am looking for the same thing....

I am finding out my users just cant seem use the - - more - - statement and this is driving me crazy. I think it should allow the first 4 or 5 lines and then the system should automatically insert the - - more - - statement.

Yeah! I need this f
or this same purpose. Someone can help us?? .-.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 28 '13
Felipe,  "More" feature is available only when you are using text editors ( for example when posting a blog). 

Currently you can not use "view more" when posting into the newsfeed. This requires custom code modification.
Felipe
Felipe Jan 28 '13

Quote from Aliia Felipe,  "More" feature is available only when you are using text editors ( for example when posting a blog). 

Currently you can not use "view more" when posting into the newsfeed. This requires custom code modification.

Thanks for reply.. but this csutom code modification is hard to do?
Can you give me a tip of how to do this?

Thank you!