We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall 1.5.1 - Encoding problem in Photos -> Album Name | Forum

Konstantinos Karasardelis
Hi there,

I just installed and test the latest version Oxwall 1.5.1 foa a website I'm planning. I also created a new language (Greek el-GR, clone of English at the moment) and i started translating the whole thing.

Everything seems ok except a bug in the Album's name Encoding for each Photo you try to upload or edit. When you upload a new photo and type the Album's Name in Greek language, whenever you try to edit the photo or upload new one, you don't see the characters properly.

See screenshot for explanation...

I also checked the database and it is saved correctly there... so i believe this is just some error of the code in the pop-up that is used to display the album name...

Can someone please assist me in fixing this problem?
Alia Team
Alia Jan 29 '13
Konstantinos,

I have tested on my own installation and Greek characters in Album's name are displaying properly.
Can I check this on your site ? If yes, what is your test site's URL?

Thank you Aliia for helping me in resolving this problem. This is hosted at an internal server at the moment so unfortunately there is no internet access available. I tried switching to one of the Default Themes but the problem remains...

When i click to edit the photo, I'm still able to read text in Greek - the problem appears first when i click the down arrow to select a previously used album name... please check the screenshots below...

I also tried switching the interface to the deafult English language, but this didn't help. I don't have any other problem with Greek text in the site - it's only at this patricular form.

Plase help me if you can to resolve this bug. Thank you...

I still have this problem and i was uable to find a solution yet. I tried using the default theme but the problem is still there, so this is not a theme problem. Unfortunately i believe only the developers can help on this. 

Aliia can i have your support here? Anyone else please?

Quote from Aliia Konstantinos,

I have tested on my own installation and Greek characters in Album's name are displaying properly.
Can I check this on your site ? If yes, what is your test site's URL?

Aliia can i please have some support on this problem? Thank you...
Can i please have some support on this problem? Thank you...