We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Distance Between Reception and Nearest Hotels | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Alex
Alex Sep 4 '23
Hello,

I’m looking at venues for our reception, and wondering about opinions on how far is too far from the reception site to the nearest hotel.

Thank you! 
Ashwin Campbell
Ashwin Campbell Sep 4 '23
I'd max it at 20 minutes. I just attended a wedding where the nearest hotel was 30 minutes away (when they could have had the reception closer to civilization - the ceremony was). People who lived an hour and a half away just went home instead (and therefore left quite early).
Pawl Kerson
Pawl Kerson Sep 4 '23
The last thing you want is for your crew to feel like they're embarking on a cross-country adventure just to hit the hay after the party.
You know, I've been down that road, and it's all about finding that Goldilocks zone – not too close that the music keeps you up all night, and definitely not too far that you're stuck in an eternal commute. Here's a little nugget of wisdom: check out the broadbeach accommodation scene. I've heard some rad things about it.
Imagine this: you and your pals are having a blast at the reception, and then, bam! Everyone just strolls over to a cozy spot nearby where the pillows are fluffy, and the vibes are chill. It's like the perfect after-party pit stop.
The Forum post is edited by Pawl Kerson Sep 4 '23