We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Plugin makes blank notification in admin area (1.5.1) - Questions | Forum

Łukasz
Łukasz Jan 30 '13

After updating oxwall to 1.5 I saw blank notification (just green area without text) in admin area. So I just make some plugins disabled then enabled to see which one makes this - and this was question plugin. I tried to get new one, deleted old and installed fresh - problem still exist. I'm using origin theme if its matters.

And I got some another notification in admin area (something about other plugin), but that notification has normal look (I mean with text on green area).

Attachments:
  blank notification.png (13.92Kb)
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jan 30 '13
It seems you didn't translate the plugin to your site's language. Or you forgot to translate the text of this notification.

Sergey

Łukasz
Łukasz Jan 31 '13

Right, that plugin doesn't have translation in my language, so this can be a reason. Thanks for point :)

Ps. It is posibble to make a copy of english translation in my language (just copies of language fields with text) of plugin after install? I mean, for easier translating - then all texts in polish version will be just the same as english, that will be a lot easier to change them fast than looking in original translation, then looking for right (blank) field and writing polish version. I see that language pack of plugin is in zip package and contains two .xml files - but making another two like them and just changing "en" for "pl" and "english" for "polish" then reinstalling plugin didn't work.

Łukasz
Łukasz Feb 5 '13
One more question - I'm using oxwall in other language and some plugins works in admin panel as english by default (thats good), some not trying to use translation in my language that is of course missing - thats bad, because they display blank notifications and every one setting of plugin panel is blank... Thats not comfortable, I don't want to translate every plugin that I just want to setup, to make visible at all what I'm setting up. So, it is possible to make plugin by force using normal, english version?
You do not have permission to reply this topic