We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Code Whacker is doing review on Plugin's in the Oxwall store | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Jan 30 '13
As a Developer I have had clients and members on my developers community site moaning about the quality of plugins on sale in the Oxwall Store. Over the next few months I will be testing plugins, some I have tested and published reviews in the Code Library.

One developer of one of the plugins has had to go back to the drawing board to re develop the plugin. Because I showed him the flaws on my test site. One other has also found the testing was beneficial and its showed him a minor bug in a great and useful new plugin he had developed so great everybody will want to buy it.

Rightfully developers are wary to let independent developers into their cpanel or by FTP. Mainly because of the data protection acts or because they are frighten to be hacked.

So I have set up a site that I am willing to give access if I find a problem with a plugin I have tested. My reviews on plugins will be honest and fair and I promise to promote them all if they past the test with a link on the review to their download page. 

So if you want to use my services please PM me.

Unique
Unique Jan 30 '13
I support you
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Thanks Unique this service is really required. 
cit27
cit27 Jan 30 '13
I olso support u Bob,Good offers to prove the quality of the plugin
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Thanks cit27
Pete
Pete Jan 31 '13
Some of your adds or showing blank images when i visit your Code Library.
The Forum post is edited by Pete Jan 31 '13
Pete
Pete Jan 31 '13
Thy or workin now i just deleted my history and looked again and seems fine ,must be on myside
Jacq
Jacq Jan 31 '13
That's great news.  I have another I would like you to test.  I will post it in code library
Ronnel DC
Ronnel DC Jan 31 '13
I'll support also :)
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Bob (Coder Whacker) One developer of one of the plugins has had to go back to the drawing board to re develop the plugin. Because I showed him the flaws on my test site. One other has also found the testing was beneficial and its showed him a minor bug in a great and useful new plugin he had developed so great everybody will want to buy it.

I always welcome feedback and open to any kind of discussions as my goal is to have good works. "Constructive feedback" are always good to everyone.

FYI - I did not use your test server as you don't feel confident on me and my integrity. I also have signed SEVERAL development contracts and has Non-Disclosure Agreement signed.

You contact me if you want me to put up your review in my plugin.
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Jan 31 '13
I gave you access its just I will not give access to a clients cpanel. We have to worry about promises made in our terms and privacy to users. The data protection acts are also clear and precise in most responsible countries. Now this is why I set up a testing site. I see many problems concerning plugin's and I run a independent developers site because I really feel the need for one.

What is annoying to me and many members of my independent developers community, is that we see people going for help and see hey give me your cpanel or ftp details. Now if the problem was sorted out we never see how it was sorted out.

What I am seeing is the Oxwall forum treatment that i have hated for some years.

In my opinion if you have great plugins they are only great if they work with out bugs. I pledge to test each one over the next two months. Be honest in opinion then give good reviews and answers to those that want advise on plugins in the Oxwall store. The good ones will be run on Code whackers and sponsored by those that care.

Many of your plugin's are great and they will get really good reviews.

I am really annoyed at oxwall declaration of that they test the plugins before they go in the store.

Yes I am right to question integrity and you do not need that on my test site and that's for sure its a safe environment, that's test can be carried out and open to the developers of the plugin.

The pure beauty is the site is perfect totally for Oxwall.           

Bob (Coder Whacker)
Jacq please to, Ronnel I knew you would, lol thanks. Pete I see the problem with the add's  will add my advertisers once again tomorrow. But thanks for letting me know, I have been busy lately and did not notice it till earlier today.  

Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Bob (Coder Whacker) In my opinion if you have great plugins they are only great if they work with out bugs.

I agree and I word towards that. But I need you to understand that any plugin or even any software in its initial versions will be with bugs and constructive feedbacks from users alone can make it good. and exactly that's what I am looking for.

I am wondering when you gave me your test site and said it has the same data as your live site. Then in that case what happens to your site/users privacy?
Bob (Coder Whacker)
The site is still open it only has three users, two sock puppets for testing purposes check it out the cpanel is open to you. It is still set up in a public_html situation as my clents site. The cron is set right and its totally compatible with oxwall. In fact one other developer is pretty please i found a bug in his software.

No as a programmer and lecturer back in the good old days of the eighties i totally have to disagree. Every bit of software created should be thoroughly tested by the programer before its released for sale. Today we see the Microsoft approach let sell this thing with its bugs.

I hate this attitude as it is not professional and its a lousy attitude to the people that buy a unfinished product in fact i have been looking in some depth at the legal aspects. beware my friend you can be sued. But lets get away from that factor you just need to make sure your plugins work they need testing and properly evaluated.

Its totally possible for a group of disgruntled people to take a class action  and you really want to make sure you are insured against that factor. Or make sure sure you plugins work, That means other developers as well. 

I have seen one of your plugin that had a total math equation problem and people buying the use of the plugin moaning like hell. You express the fact the need to start at step one to re develop the plug.

Really are your going to offer a refund to those that bought the use of the plugin? and why the hell oxwall passed the product to sell you really need to review what you are doing and test your plugins thoroughly its not qualification or ego its a case off being totally professional as someone that wants to earn a bit of profit for development. I ask at this point why should anyone trust you? You have to learn how to earn the trust. 

The Forum post is edited by Bob (Coder Whacker) Jan 31 '13
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Yes all plugin will be reviewed and all the developer will become under review. That's my pledge. If the whole thing becomes a legal issue i am on the side of the law.  
shush
shush Feb 2 '13
I'm new to Oxwall and not code literate.

I can hack a few teething problems, but one thing has made me very uncomfortable, there is a plugin in the store that can enable the site admin to "secretly view private messages".

Are the developers happy for this to be in the store? It makes me distrust all Sites using Oxwall, if I feel like this, I imagine many others will too.

Does The Team take a view on this or not?

again thanks for you consideration.

Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Bob (Coder Whacker)  the developer will become under review.
Sounds like a moral policing around the developers..

You said your test site is exactly same as your live site. But now you contradict that.
Quote from Bob (Coder Whacker) I hate this attitude as it is not professional and its a lousy attitude to the people that buy a unfinished product in fact i have been looking in some depth at the legal aspects. beware my friend you can be sued.
I have been noticing you that from Day 1 you become active in the forums that you keep saying that you can sue the developers. But on what basics my friend?
Quote from Bob (Coder Whacker) I have seen one of your plugin that had a total math equation problem and people buying the use of the plugin moaning like hell. You express the fact the need to start at step one to re develop the plug.

Thanks for the great discovery in the human history.
Quote from Bob (Coder Whacker) Really are your going to offer a refund to those that bought the use of the plugin?

Yes. I will if the actual buyers contact me.
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from shush Are the developers happy for this to be in the store?

Hi Shush,

I understand that you are referring to one of my plugin. Some sites related to school kids and college communities needs such facilities to protect other members. Admin need such control to enable safe environment. It helps when some issues are reported.

Its up to the admin to declare that the PMs can be monitored.

EDIT: Even I would not like someone else to monitor my PMs :) But the necessity of the admin demands in some case.
The Forum post is edited by Purusothaman Ramanujam Feb 2 '13
cit27
cit27 Feb 2 '13

Quote from shush there is a plugin in the store that can enable the site admin to "secretly view private messages". Are the developers happy for this to be in the store? It makes me distrust all Sites using Oxwall, if I feel like this, I imagine many others will too.

it is depending on the purpose of the site is made..it also includes The admin rights as the owner of the website. ..The usefulness of this plugin is POSITIVE / GREAT
GTranslated

Unique
Unique Feb 2 '13

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Even I would not like someone else to monitor my PMs :)

Me too, but as admin i like your Private Message Viewer plugin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »