We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Customised Awards - Member Awards | Forum

Jacq
Jacq Feb 1 '13
Could this plugin be extended to allow admin to set up other awards that do not relate to built in activity.  I am thinking about awards for winning competitions, challenges, events for unique activity from each niche site which would be awarded and sent by admin and would appear on profiles along with the other activity awards.

e.g a competition (event)is created -and the winners get prizes/awards 

1st place 300 credits  (trophy image)
2nd place 200 credits
3rd place 100 credits

Awards could be set up with a credit value in the Admin area and activated/sent by Admin when a competition/event has been won. 

I have already bought your membership level plugin which works in a similar way and my suggestions would make this plugin more useful in a different way -adding a competitive element!  Great for entertainment sites.

for your consideration...
The Forum post is edited by Jacq Feb 1 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Not possible with this plugin version. If you need, a customized version can be created for your specific need.
Jacq
Jacq Feb 1 '13
Thank you Purus I would be interested!
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I like this idea too.
Jacq
Jacq Feb 1 '13
Good :)
Chris H.
Chris H. Feb 16 '13
I like this idea also...:-)!

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 20 '13
as do I! how about a group buy price ;)

Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from OxwallAccessories as do I! how about a group buy price ;)

Can you explain me on this?
Chris H.
Chris H. Feb 22 '13
@ Purus

You know with Jacq's great idea you could possibly make this a Pro or Extended version and charge a little more for that version as I am pretty sure it would be a pretty timely project and I know I would be willing to pay more for it. Because if you think of it how the Pro version would really go great with the User Credits plugin of Skalfa's making Oxwall ran sites way more user interactive. Just a thought though.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
@ Chris:

I don't personally like the model of having same features in 2 different version. All the new features will be added to the same plugin and it will be with same price, updates being free.
Chris H.
Chris H. Feb 22 '13

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam @ Chris:

I don't personally like the model of having same features in 2 different version. All the new features will be added to the same plugin and it will be with same price, updates being free.

Oh okay! I didn't know if you were a developer that would do that as there are a couple of plugins here like that. Well then that definitely would be a bargain then. I think this idea would be so awesome and would be a a hot plugin to have in the store for purchase. I definitely am looking forward to what features you do decide to add in the future. But I am loving this version too. Thanks for the reply.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks. I will sure add this feature.
You do not have permission to reply this topic