We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Job hunting/career changing | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Alex
Alex Sep 12 '23
As most of you know we are relocating to Md. I am giving up my union job in pursuit of a less hectic lifestyle. Interested in a career change but questioning where to really look. LinkedIn premium? Indeed.com? Direct on websites? I have a backup plan but realistically where is the best place to put your resume out there? I am a welder to start, mechanic at heart, jack of all trades. Some computer skills, leadership skills etc. I’m willing to work but sick of the grind in NJ. 2 hours commuting each day sucks. I have some money saved up so need to rush but I am anxious to keep working.
Ashwin Campbell
Ashwin Campbell Sep 12 '23
I’ve learned it’s hard for anyone to take you super seriously unless you have a address in that state you’re looking for a job. You may need to wait until you get down to find something, which sucks, but sounds like you’re prepared for that
Pawl Kerson
Pawl Kerson Sep 12 '23
I totally get where you're coming from! When I was job hunting, I found a mix of options worked best. Definitely give LinkedIn Premium a shot for networking, and Indeed.com is great for job listings. Don't forget to apply directly through company websites and also check out Latest Government Jobs listings. Your skills sound versatile, so you've got many options. Take your time, you got this!