We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Blog Spammers | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Donamix
Donamix Feb 4 '13
Has anyone seen the blog area on my site?? It's all weird like it has been spammed.

Is there a way to block them? http://social.donamix.com/blogs

cit27
cit27 Feb 4 '13
Activate The anti spammer plugin....search http://www.oxwall.org/store
Alia Team
Alia Feb 7 '13
+1 cit27.

Donamix, you might also want to enable "mandatory user approve" feature.
Donamix
Donamix Feb 8 '13
Thank you my problem is solved, no more spammers on the blog section.

what i want to ask now, is there a way to block ip's for hose who try to create more than one account? or for those or try to send same message to all members.

Some times i get on my site scams, they spam members inbox with fake scam messages, is there any way to block this? or to block members from sending many messages? as facebook blocks for example? can i do this from spammer plugin?

Thank you Aliia, what is the  "mandatory user approve" feature for?

You mean in the admin panel? so i can approve members?

Unique
Unique Feb 8 '13
Anti Spammer plugin only can block email, username, IP, bot, user agent, etc from registering in your site...

To enable/disable mandatory user approve. Go to Yoursite.com/admin/permissions
To block member form sending messages. Create User Role: Go To: Yoursite.com/admin/permissions/roles/ -> example: You create the user role->The label/bridge is called by UNSENDEREMESSAGE: on mailbox options: Do not allowed to send private messages.....

The scenario:
If you found the spam member with fake scam messages,....then you can change his/her role from current role to UNSENDERMESSAGE user Roles
GTranslated

Unique
Unique Feb 8 '13
You need to aks your member to report them or provide the easy report link so your member can report the spam members in your site...
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Feb 8 '13
Anti Spammer can also block IP's. It has the most features of any anti spammer plugin.
bobbi
bobbi Feb 8 '13
we tried the anti spam plug ins and they did not work, genuine members got blocked  (esp those who use mobile devices) and the spammers got through,
cit27
cit27 Feb 8 '13

Quote from bobbi we tried the anti spam plug ins and they did not work, genuine members got blocked  (esp those who use mobile devices) and the spammers got through,

You are using the old anti spammer..
Delete or update the latest anti spammer...
bobbi
bobbi Feb 8 '13
we are not using it any more,  we just use user approve, 
The Forum post is edited by bobbi Feb 8 '13
bobbi
bobbi Feb 8 '13
sorry, we stopped using it about 4 weeks ago, it wasnt for us at this time
cit27
cit27 Feb 8 '13

Quote from bobbi we tried the anti spam plug ins and they did not work, genuine members got blocked  (esp those who use mobile devices) and the spammers got through,

Quote from bobbi we are not using it any more,  we just use user approve, 

Then do not say this if you use old anti spammer (not updated antispammer yet)
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Feb 8 '13
bobbi
bobbi Feb 8 '13
do you need to tear my comments apart, it wanst for us,  i am entitled to voice my experience of the anti spammer plug in
Unique
Unique Feb 8 '13

Quote from bobbi sorry, we stopped using it about 4 weeks ago, it wasnt for us at this time

The Last updated anti spammer Jan 19 but you got problem with the anti spammer bugs version..4 weeks ago/before jan 19
SL
SL Feb 8 '13

Quote from Unique
Quote from bobbi sorry, we stopped using it about 4 weeks ago, it wasnt for us at this time

The Last updated anti spammer Jan 19 but you got problem with the anti spammer bugs version..4 weeks ago/before jan 19

Yes this is good anti spammer plugin....no problem and no bugs in the latest updated
and the most important is ...it can reduce spam even prevent hundreds of spammers, bots, bad IP, block email, block usersname, check user spammer...and more additional features
The Forum post is edited by SL Feb 8 '13
cit27
cit27 Feb 8 '13

Quote from bobbi do you need to tear my comments apart, it wanst for us,  i am entitled to voice my experience of the anti spammer plug in

I am sorry bobbi...I just mean that you do not have to give up the anti spamer plugin because it is useful for oxwall users ... other than that, this is also part of my appreciation to Paul who have bothered to update his free antispammer plugin...
GTranslated
Donamix
Donamix Feb 13 '13
Thank you, now my problem is fixed, all the spam trolls on my blog section is solved.

I have tried this plugin before i was not satisfied with it because it used to Block random members on the website, now i have tried it again after the release of Oxwall last version and i like it!

It does not block random members anymore, everyone else should update this plugin and use it.

I have a problem with blocking a specified username/ IP / Email 

So when i tried to add a specific IP / Username / Email it does not work.

After blocking a specified IP/Username/Email the member still can access the site.

SL
SL Feb 13 '13

Quote from Donamix I have a problem with blocking a specified username/ IP / Email So when i tried to add a specific IP / Username / Email it does not work. After blocking a specified IP/Username/Email the member still can access the site.
Better if you want to report this issue to Paul: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/353