We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Need Help with Writing a Personal Statement for Medical School Admission - Video | Forum

Yauppari
Yauppari Sep 24 '23

Hey everyone, I could really use some guidance here. I'm in the process of applying to medical school, and I'm stuck on writing my personal statement. How do I start it? What should I include? Any tips on making it stand out? Thanks a bunch!

Zurcke
Zurcke Sep 24 '23

Quote from Yauppari

Hey everyone, I could really use some guidance here. I'm in the process of applying to medical school, and I'm stuck on writing my personal statement. How do I start it? What should I include? Any tips on making it stand out? Thanks a bunch!

Sure thing! To get started, think about your motivations for pursuing medicine. Why do you want to become a doctor? What experiences led you here? Once you've got those ideas, structure your statement with an introduction, body, and conclusion. Mention your qualities, achievements, and how they've prepared you for med school. Still, need more specifics? 
Yauppari
Yauppari Sep 24 '23

Thanks for the quick response! That helps a lot. Do you have any tips on how to make it sound unique? I want it to grab the admission committee's attention. Any advice on avoiding clichés? 

Zurcke
Zurcke Sep 24 '23

Absolutely! Making it unique is key. Share personal anecdotes that reflect your journey. Show, don't tell. Avoid overused phrases like "I've always wanted to help people." Instead, give specific examples of how you've made an impact or faced challenges. Also, consider professional help. I had a great experience with personal writers. They made my statement shine with their expertise and personal touch. Highly recommended!

I reached out to PersonalStatementWriter.org for my application. They have a team of experienced writers who know what med schools are looking for. They helped me highlight my strengths and unique qualities, making my statement memorable. It's crucial because sometimes, it's better to trust the pros than struggle on your own. Good luck with your application!

You do not have permission to reply this topic