We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Essential Additions to events plugin | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Richard Carr
Richard Carr Feb 5 '13

These are some essential developments needed for the events plugin. 

Event plugin:

- Admin AND users can add events (name, time, location, address, cost/free, organiser contact info, description, image, event/organiser website etc)
- Admins can approve events to publish
- Users can update their event after posting it
- Admins can add event type/category and location type/category that users must include in addition to typing in the event location address
- Events are mapped to Google maps (not just one marker per event view but you can see all events for the website on the map). Events are colour coded on Google maps by the event or location type/category
- Events can all be viewed on ONE Google Map, in big list or calendar view
- Events list can be searched by location, event type, time, AND/OR day etc

Please develop this guys....much much needed!!!! other suggestions welcome

matt
matt Feb 5 '13
Hi Richard,

Have you checked out this fork? It doesn't tick all of your needs. But seems much better than the core.

https://github.com/brindy/oxwall-events

Cheers,

Matt
Richard Carr
Richard Carr Feb 5 '13
Hi Matt, thanks for this...i am just not sure how it works yet but am looking into it now
Richard Carr
Richard Carr Feb 5 '13
Hi Matt is this a full plugin? Is there an example of how this looks and functions? Sorry I am new to github 
matt
matt Feb 5 '13
Hi Richard.

Is this a full plugin?

Yes! Download the files and folders from github and compress them into a zip to upload via add new plugin. Or download them and transfer them to your plugins folder via ftp.

There is not a demo that I am aware of. It essentially adds a calendar view & rsvp management and a few other things, if I recall correctly.

The author of the fork offered it to the oxwll team to grab into core. There are a few other plugins that add some of the features you ask about (and that many of us would like to have combined).

Ive stated it before, but a bit of joined up thinking, with regard to the events plugin, seems desperately needed for oxwall.

Perhaps the new Oxwall Techs might take up the challenge?

Cheers,

Matt
Richard Carr
Richard Carr Jun 30 '13
Ok folks, has anybody been working on developing the events plugin in this way? I know puru has included a google map which shows the location of each individual event on its own page, and aron has created a map where users can interact with and pin locations and details etc...

A combination of these with a bit of refinement would be brilliant. I will pay for someone to develop this :)

Nikhil Carmatec