We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

I want to give auto tag rel="nofollow" to every external links | Forum

cit27
cit27 Feb 6 '13
I want to give auto tag rel="nofollow" to every external links in the Blogpost and Forumpost?

Can anybody please tell me in details which php files do I need to modify and how? If not in details, then a little bit info will also do! OR in what line of the file i can edit?

I've tried looking for ..but could not find the line or how
Thank You Very Much>>>
GTranslated
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Feb 6 '13
Kevin
Kevin Feb 6 '13
I need to do the same thing.
SL
SL Feb 11 '13
Me too
Kevin
Kevin Feb 12 '13
I've been going back and manually editing peoples post with rel="”nofollow”" but if my site gets very large that won't be possible. I'm not exactly sure in the difference between rel="”nofollow”" and rel=”nofollow”. But I think the first one has something to do with don't count and vote or something like that. Maybe someone with a little more knowledge could explain it.
Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 20 '13
The only option to add rel="nofollow" attribute is by creating a special plugin for this. 
Kevin
Kevin Mar 14 '13

Quote from Michael I. The only option to add rel="nofollow" attribute is by creating a special plugin for this. 
Michael how hard would that be?
Michael I.
Michael I. Mar 18 '13
It depends on your familiarity with Oxwall script and overall programming knowledge.
Eric
Eric Apr 1 '13
Not sure which files to edit yet but if you have this in the head section you should be okay.

<meta name="ROBOTS" content="INDEX,NOFOLLOW"/>
Mohammad
Mohammad Apr 1 '13
I think there is a very simple way to done this

all you need to do is editing html_document.html of your theme.

go to ow_themes/yourtheme/master_pages/html_document.html

put the code right aftrer <head>

save it

then go to your config.php file and enable OW_DEV_MODE....

The Forum post is edited by Mohammad Apr 1 '13
Helike
Helike Apr 2 '13
Or, as custom modifications aren't a the best way, 'cause the modifications can desapears the updates, you can add the code using Admin Panel > Settings > Main Settings > Page Settings and add your code in 'Custom head code'.

Also, there's a way via Languages, if I'm not wrong, but I can't remember it now.