We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Invalid FTP attributes! Provided user doesn't have permissions to overwrite files | Forum

Joyraj
Joyraj Feb 6 '13
Urgent help!I'm constantly getting "Invalid FTP attributes! Provided user doesn't have permissions to overwrite files."

I've installed Oxwall in facultyschool.com/Fasco

Alia Team
Alia Feb 14 '13
Joraj,

What did you use as "Host"? ( localhost, IP or URL?)

The FTP user and pass you used should be the ones that you used when installing the software.
Joyraj
Joyraj Feb 14 '13
localhost

I installed using Softaculous.

Alia Team
Alia Feb 18 '13
Joyraj, if you provide me ( support@oxwall.org)  with access details to your FTP and admin panel I will be glad to check this issue for you.
Joyraj
Joyraj Feb 18 '13

I have pm you.

Aleksandar
Aleksandar Feb 23 '13

This should probably work for Ubuntu & Mint users :) I`m running a Mint 14 Mate edition.

Found the right solution :)  Use the following commands :

1. sudo usermod -g www-data [type your username]        (this adds your username to the "www-data" group)

2. sudo chmod -R g+w /var/www/                                        (give the "write" permission for "/var/www")

3. sudo apt-get install proftpd                                              (install a ftp server)

4. sudo nano /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf                               (make some changes)

5. edit the following lines to match my example,

# Use this to jail all users in their homes

DefaultRoot /var/www

# Set the user and group that the server normally runs at.

User www-data

Group www-data

6. sudo /etc/init.d/proftpd restart                                           ( restart the ftp server ) 

Enjoy !! :) Worked for me :)

Alia Team
Alia Feb 26 '13
Joyraj, I didn't receive PM or email from you.