We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is Oxwall Compatible with Edge Servers for Content Delivery? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Melissa Hankins
Melissa Hankins Oct 4 '23

Hello Oxwall Developers!

I've been exploring ways to enhance the performance and speed of my Oxwall-based website, and I'm particularly interested in implementing an edge server for content delivery. However, before I proceed, I wanted to gather some insights from the community regarding the compatibility of Oxwall with edge servers.

Has anyone here successfully integrated an edge server with their Oxwall website for content delivery? I'd like to learn more about your experiences and any recommendations you might have.

Here are a few specific questions to guide the discussion:

Compatibility: Is Oxwall inherently compatible with edge servers for content delivery, or are there any known compatibility issues to be aware of?

Implementation: What are the steps involved in setting up an edge server for Oxwall, and are there any recommended providers or configurations?

Performance Benefits: Have you noticed significant improvements in page load times, especially for users located far from your main server, after implementing an edge server?

Challenges: Did you encounter any challenges or hurdles during the integration process, and how did you overcome them?

Best Practices: Are there any best practices, caching strategies, or security considerations to keep in mind when using an edge server with Oxwall?

Your experiences and insights will be invaluable as I weigh the benefits of incorporating an edge server into my Oxwall website.

Thank you for sharing your expertise!