We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Remove | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Ronnel DC
Ronnel DC Feb 7 '13
hello oxwall, i've created a custom page for my site.

is there anyway i can delete the widget from that page?
so it will be a plain page with header dand footer no widgets. ? :)
Attachments:
  l.png (554.79Kb)
Alia Team
Alia Feb 8 '13
There are two options. Both require some code knowledge:

1. if you have created your page via admin panel>>pages&menus, and you have used "page content" field to add content, then you will need to modify source code of widgets in questions. This is custom code modification and unfortunately I can not give detailed instructions.

2. if you create your page "outside" of Oxwall.
- create .html file with desired content
-upload the file to your server
- add following rewrite condition into Oxwall's .htaccess file right before RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php

- in admin panel>>pages&menus create a new page. Use "External URL" as "Page Address". Depending on where you have uploaded your .html file, address will be something like: yoursitename.com/file-name-here.html .

If everything is done properly, new menu item will appear on either footer or header of your site. If you click on it you will be redirected to the specified external URL yoursitename.com/file-name-here.html . Since this is external page you won't have any standard Oxwall widgets. You will see only the content of the .html file.

Downside of this option, is that header, footer, background and etc. used on all standard Oxwall pages will not be shown, unless you add the .html code for this blocks into the .html file you have created.
Ronnel DC
Ronnel DC Feb 8 '13
i did it alliia but how can i remove the file extension ?

my filename is home.htm how can i remove that? :) the .htm using .htaccess?
Ronnel DC
Ronnel DC Feb 8 '13
hey allia, i set it as first page on pages and menus, but still the join page is displayed when visiting my site.?
Alia Team
Alia Feb 11 '13
Ronnel, the trick with making custom page first under pages&menus will not work since your custom page is located "outside" of Oxwall.

If you would like to get rid of  /home.html part I recommend changing mod_rewrite rules. Unfortunately I can not give exact instructions. You will have to search.
Ronnel DC
Ronnel DC Feb 12 '13
Aliia how about i created a custom Login page. using html how can i put the
variables there so i can make the Login working there on the custom login?