We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Issue after transferring to new server | Forum

Callum Marshall
Callum Marshall Feb 9 '13
Hello,

I'm trying to transfer my site to a new server however when doing so the main site works fine until you click on a link such as trying to go to the admin panel, it just says 404 not found.

I transferred all the files and database over, any idea why it isn't working?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

cit27
cit27 Feb 9 '13
check :
your file permissions
your .htacces file

Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 11 '13
Is your site installed under a subfolder? Sometimes .htaccess files of other scripts conflict with Oxwall and don't let it work properly.
Steve
Steve Mar 14 '13
I too have the same problem, Not Found

The requested URL /user/Most was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_python/3.3.2-dev-20080819 Python/2.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_jk/1.2.30 mod_perl/2.0.5 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at www.safaribookevolution.com Port 80

I cannot login or do anything kindly advise me what to do as my site is not in a subfolder, may be the .htaccess
Michael I.
Michael I. Mar 15 '13
Is mod_rewrite enabled on your server? Probably the reason is that is is either not installed, or simply conflicts with our .htaccess rules.