We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Does the F-type sound like a Diesel Truck at cold startup? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Martina Perez
Martina Perez Oct 13 '23
Hello, and I've checked a few topics, and it seems some people have said that this may be ok, and some not so. If anyone can listen to this quickly and tell if their F-type sounds as good, I'd appreciate it. I found one topic, but I swear mine is even more prominent, but maybe I'm just thinking about it too much.

This happens during a cold start, and disappears after warming up. Usually after ~3-5 minutes of driving.

The dealership says that everything is fine and that the injectors on these cars are just very noisy. To me, it just sounds like a heavy diesel truck. I could have sworn it wasn't as loud at first, but maybe I'm just hearing better now?

In fact, I once had problems with a Porsche engine, and the lifts have been stuck before. This Porsche was a living hell in service.
So it's safe to say that I'm a little scared by that sound. So I'm just checking to be sure, and I apologize if this has been mentioned before. My car is still under full warranty for a while, but I want to know if I should take it to a dealership or change dealers.
It's funny that I just watched Youtube, how a cold engine starts, and everyone increases the exhaust gas speed, so I really couldn't find a good idle to compare with.
Sardal
Sardal Oct 13 '23
I don't know if it is serious or not but that's not a normal sounding start.
William Hopster
William Hopster Oct 13 '23
I get your concern. I had a similar experience with my F-Type, which sounded like a diesel truck on cold startups. After talking to the dealership, they assured me it's normal due to loud injectors. I'd say if it's under warranty, you're covered, but it's always good to double-check with the dealer if it really bothers you. Also, you can always get new trucks for sale uk. Enjoy your ride!
farhan
farhan Nov 8 '23
Cost of Israel international movers: Estimate the expenses for relocating to Israel, including shipping, customs, and other international moving services. cost of israel international movers