We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

PROFILE WALL QUESTION AND VIDEO QUESTION | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Geoff Slaughter O'Donnell
I have installed the latest version of oxwall on our servers and revamped a site
related issues

1.)Video >>>>adding video using the embed video button on newsfeed/mail/wall modules of the site!

EMBED CODE DOES NOT WORK ON NEWS FEED~WALL OR EMAIL USING THE EMBED METHOD
EXAMPLE : EMBED CODE FOR YOU TUBE :

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/...=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/...=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

IT DOES HOW EVER ALLOW YOU TO USED THE DIRECT LINK WHICH TAKES YOU TO YOU TUBE (WHICH IS OK BUT CONTRADICTION  AT THE SAME TIME~WHY PUT AN EMBED BOX IF YOU CAN NOT EMBED IT IN THE AREAS  DEFINED ABOVE

2.) ISSUE WALL/NEWS FEED COMMENTING WITH EMBED CODE OR HTML

Knowing you may add a picture using the picture button from your desk top (most people in today's world don't keep a majority of their pictures on their desktop or folders) instead they use photo-bucket or Pinterest which uses

HTML CODES OR DIRECT LINKS CODES FOR PHOTO BUCKET
EMBED CODES FOR PINTEREST TYPE SITES
WHICH BOTH WORK BUT YOU HAVE TO TELL THE MEMBER AFTER THEY POST THE EMBED CODE ON THE NEWS FEED OR THE WALL TO ERASE THE CODE IN THE TEXT BOX AND LEAVE BLANK OR TYPE SOME THING THEN POST THE COMMENT ~THIS SEEMS LIKE UNNECESSARY EXTRA STEPS AND THE SCRIPT NEEDS TO BE RE WRITTEN TO NOT SHOW THE EMBED OR HTML ALONG WITH THE IMAGE, I HAVE WRITTEN MY OWN SCRIPT FOR PHPFOX BASED SCRIPT FOR OUR OTHER SITES AND THIS IS POSSIBLE

PLEASE ADVISE
Unique
Unique Feb 10 '13
Wall / newsfeed / email  has different functions
1. Video >>>>adding video using the embed video button on newsfeed Works on my site....
Ideas for Oxwall: Top (449 ideas) – Oxwall Community Software: feature suggestions
Then it was be a cliche in the script i have,but i have downloaded and added the most updated software 
Unique
Unique Feb 10 '13
Suggest your script as plugin here: http://www.oxwall.org/store
Ok I will thank you again ,if you wish to view the feed ..just join at www.friendslair.com
that is the script that i have written that has worked for 14 months now with no errors
Unique
Unique Feb 10 '13
Good Luck...you may join here with many plugin developers....and improve your skill with oxwall scripts...of course if u can do it
Thank you but this still does not answer the question why embed codes from you tube does not work when embedding a video on the news feed or the wall,and there are no errors so this is the reason it could be the actual script or a simple fix,so if any one has had this situation with your tube ...please advise
basically what is happening is the embed code for YouTube using the old my-space code (typical embed code) it allows you to paste in box but as soon as you submit there is no video it is just blank it is not showing up at all
The Forum post is edited by Geoff Slaughter O'Donnell Feb 10 '13
cit27
cit27 Feb 10 '13

Quote from Geoff Slaughter O'Donnell Ok I will thank you again ,if you wish to view the feed ..just join at www.friendslair.com
that is the script that i have written that has worked for 14 months now with no errors

You may join my oxwall site here: My Blogs no additional scripts yet...still standar
cit27
cit27 Feb 10 '13

Quote from Geoff Slaughter O'Donnell Thank you but this still does not answer the question why embed codes from you tube does not work when embedding a video on the news feed or the wall,and there are no errors so this is the reason it could be the actual script or a simple fix,..

many causes, including additional external  java script, or you delete youtube, etc
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Feb 10 '13
cit27
cit27 Feb 10 '13
Wall widget or newfeed stream widget?
Both do the same thing
cit27
cit27 Feb 10 '13
on wall Comment u cant
on newsfeed u can
can you share your oxwal site here
on the wall i can not use the embed code once you hit send it is blank

news feed is the same situation
cit27
cit27 Feb 10 '13
yes on the wall user can not adding embeed code will display as text not video...
on newsfeed user can adding embeed code and display as video
Your site under maintanance...i cant test it
GTranslated

ok what do we need to do to fix this

cit27
cit27 Feb 11 '13
wait until others user who knows your issue...
or try reinstall your newsfeed plugin...
ok thank you
cit27
cit27 Feb 11 '13
olso check this URL: yoursite.com/admin/settings/user-input make sure you not deleted youtube on Allowed video resources list
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Feb 11 '13
yes doubled checked this is all correct ..thanks again i have this listed under the video plugin mod as well to see if they can shed any light on the issue as well ~thanks for your help
Pages: 1 2 »