We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Symbol of Denmark: blue butter cookie tins | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
ppyadv48
ppyadv48 Oct 20 '23

Symbol of Denmark: blue butter cookie tins

Royal Dansk Butter Cookies are a staple in many households, but not for the reason you might think. When I returned to Shanghai after a holiday in Denmark, I offered my friend some cookies from my Royal Dansk butter cookie tin. My friend's eyes widened and she replied in a shocked tone, "Why are there biscuits in a sewing kit?" It was then that I realised that my friends were more used to seeing sewing supplies in their blue tins than the intended purpose of storing butter biscuits. After talking to my parents, they explained that the Danish also use blue tins for sewing supplies.To get more news about blue tin cookies, you can visit shine news official website.

I learned that people in China also use the blue tin to store other things, such as snacks, sweets, nuts and sunflower seeds. Royal Dansk Butter Cookies have been heavily advertised on television in China. They are often marketed as a premium gift from Denmark and endorsed by royalty. In fact, "丹麦蓝罐曲奇,送礼体面过人" is the ending of all their commercials. The literal translation is "Danish Blue Tin Cookies, the most premium gift". This is the slogan that is closely associated with the cookies. They are often given to loved ones on special occasions such as Chinese New Year.

Through conversations with many people, I have found that the first three things people associate with Denmark are the Royal Dansk Butter Cookies, the famous author Hans Christian Andersen and the Little Mermaid. During Danish festivals, there are cookie tins with Andersen's famous fairy tales.

When I tell people I am from Denmark, seven times out of ten their response is "Oh, you must eat a lot of those butter cookies". Although I indulge in them from time to time, they were not a staple in my household growing up. In fact, my grandmother made her own butter cookies from our secret family recipe, passed down from generation to generation.

There are a few differences between the butter cookies you can buy in Denmark and China. In Denmark, it is easier to find tins filled with a delicious assortment of cookies, not just the plain butter cookies. When I was growing up, my whole family (even my parents) would fight over who got the chocolate-covered cookies.

Another difference is that in Denmark you have the option of a cheaper, non-tinned version of the butter cookies. However, people usually choose the tinned version because it guarantees the quality of the cookies. If you buy the tinned version, you don't have to worry about the freshness of the biscuits or the possibility that they might break in transit.

Royal Dansk Butter Cookies have a special place in my heart and luckily they are available all over the world. Whenever I see the classic blue tin, it always reminds me of Denmark. Having grown up in China, it is comforting to find a piece of home away from home.

I invite you to look around your house. Have you found a blue tin? If so, is it filled with sewing supplies, or are you one of the lucky ones with butter cookies inside?