We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How can I optimize Oxwall for minimal server resource usage to extend the life of my server's battery? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
John Smith
John Smith Nov 1 '23

Hello fellow Oxwall enthusiasts,

I hope you are all doing well. I'm reaching out to this community today because I'm looking for advice on how to optimize Oxwall to minimize server resource usage. My primary goal is to extend the life of my server's battery and improve its overall efficiency.

Here's a little background: I run an Oxwall-based website and have noticed that it tends to consume more server resources than I'd like, especially when my server is running on battery power. This increased resource usage not only drains the battery faster but also puts additional strain on the server hardware.

I would greatly appreciate any tips, recommendations, or best practices for configuring Oxwall to run efficiently with minimal server resource utilization. Whether it's tweaking settings, using specific plugins, or implementing certain performance enhancements, your insights would be invaluable.

Some specific questions I have in mind:

1. Are there particular server settings within Oxwall that can be adjusted to reduce resource consumption?
  2. Are there any third-party plugins or tools that can help optimize resource usage?
  3. What are some general best practices for minimizing server load when running Oxwall on a battery-powered server?

I understand that every setup may be unique, but I'm sure that many of you have encountered similar challenges and found effective solutions. Your expertise and advice will not only help me but potentially benefit others facing similar resource optimization issues.

Please feel free to share your experiences and insights in this thread. Your contributions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and support. For more details you may visit: battery flooded