We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Weightlifting/Bodybuilding and Golf | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
idayrare corded
idayrare corded Nov 2 '23

For nearly two decades, I was a competitive runner from all distances -- the 5K to the marathon.  Toward the last few years as a runner, I really got into golf.  With age, increased mileage, and a number of other factors, my back was severely damaged and required two epidurals to treat herniated discs.

Every time I would return to running, I would end up getting re-injured when I reached a certain mileage.  I started going to the gym and became hooked on weightlifting and bodybuilding.

I have gone from 145/150 pounds when marathoning to 210 when weight training.  The change in my body and overall size has really affected my golf game -- both in positive and negative ways.  I've lost a lot of flexibility, and I find that I'm struggling with my woods and driver, but absolutely nailing my irons and wedges.

I posted a topic about the right elbow in another discussion, but I'm finding that with my change in body type that I'm going to have to make some adjustments to my game.

I was just wondering if any of you have experienced the same (or similar) thing when incorporating weight training into your wellness routine.

Thanks.

Emily Blake
Emily Blake Nov 2 '23
I was curious about your progress in that regard, following up on this interesting topic. I've recently taken an interest in weightlifting and bodybuilding, and I've observed alterations in my overall physical performance.
William Hopster
William Hopster Nov 2 '23
It's fascinating how different fitness activities can impact our performance in other sports. I've also been into weightlifting and bodybuilding lately, and I've noticed changes in my overall athleticism. While it might affect flexibility in some ways, the increased strength and muscle can be a game-changer.
Adjustments can be challenging, but I believe finding the right balance between weight training and maintaining the flexibility required for golf could lead to some excellent results. Keep experimenting and adapting – you might discover a sweet spot that benefits both your strength and your swing! Besides, have you tried using lifting straps during your workouts?
Sameeha Shamoon
Sameeha Shamoon Nov 7 '23
The sinais de opções binárias service has not only enhanced my trading strategy but also boosted my overall confidence as a trader. Knowing that I have a reliable source of insights and recommendations has made a profound impact on my approach to the markets.
farhan
farhan Feb 10
Seeking advice from experienced golfers or professionals can help beginners navigate the wide range of options available when choosing golf balls. Golf Verdict