We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Watchdog Plugin Update - Watchdog | Forum

Jacques
Jacques Feb 14 '13
When does the watchdog plugin actually update?
The Forum post is edited by Jacques Feb 14 '13
Alia Team
Alia Feb 15 '13
Jacques, not sure what you mean by "update".

If you have this plugin installed and CRON is up and running, then plugin updates the database of spammers ( at StopForumSpam) once in 24 hours.
S. Bourdon
S. Bourdon Jul 11 '13
I have this plugin installed and cron is running fine but Watchdog never seems to update...

All 3 tables in the database haven't change since the first day I installed Watchdog!

How can I confirm this plugin auto-updates correctly?

Thank you for your support!

The Forum post is edited by S. Bourdon Jul 11 '13
S. Bourdon
S. Bourdon Jul 12 '13
Just wondering...

On the Watchdog Status Page, the «Last updated» message always display: «not yet».  Is this normal?

Currently, I have 259 508 items in the ow_watchdog_black_list table, and 175 142 in the ow_watchdog_email_list.  Could someone using this plugin tell me if they have the same numbers, or higher ones?

Thanks for the follow-up!

TeamX
TeamX Aug 17 '13
My Watch Dog plug in is not updating Daily as shown in the Plugin Dashboard,{Note: Plugin takes spam IPs database from  www.stopforumspam.com and updates it once a day.}

In my Plugin Dash, it show that,

(last updated not yet),,,,,, and my problem is that Now i am getting So many Member registration from Hotmail , and some website emails,,,, all are of similar profile pic, same activities etc.. so how to prevent them joining my website,,,,,, Today itself watchdog prevented 750 spammers.....help me
You do not have permission to reply this topic