We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Change of displayed name for user Blogs | Forum

Shane
Shane Feb 17 '13
I am trying to change the <h1> heading on the /blogs/user/<userid> html page.

Currently it is set to {$name} in the lang_1.php file OR the language settings {text key='blogs+user_page_heading'}

I am wanting to change this to the {$display_name} however it does not resolve to this variable. It displays as the literal value {$display_name}.

thoughts anyone?

The Forum post is edited by Shane Feb 17 '13
Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 20 '13
Where are you changing the {$name} to {$display_name}? You should do this in the code, not in the language itself.
Shane
Shane Feb 20 '13
I have made the change to the lang_1.php file from the ow_pluginfiles/base directory. I am now assuming this is not correct the title does not recognise the local substitution. But replacing {$name} with {$display_name} works in other places.
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 20 '13
I think there may be a spot in the themes folder that would also need replacing. howerer I could be totally wrong youll have to wait for Michael.

Shane
Shane Feb 20 '13
Quote from OxwallAccessories I think there may be a spot in the themes folder that would also need replacing. howerer I could be totally wrong youll have to wait for Michael.

Thanks OxwallAccessories - I will have a look in the theme folder - the theme I am using is originplus
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Its not with the theme. The idea of MVC pattern is to seperate the logic and design layout.

In the .php file, you should change this.
Shane
Shane Feb 21 '13
Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Its not with the theme. The idea of MVC pattern is to seperate the logic and design layout.

In the .php file, you should change this.

Agree but is the lang_1.php file the correct one? If so, it does not appear to be working. 
The Forum post is edited by Shane Feb 21 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
No. You should look in the blogs/controller/user_blog.php
Shane
Shane Feb 22 '13
Thanks I looked there and managed to redefine the name for the page heading.
The Forum post is edited by Shane Feb 22 '13