We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Beginning Day trading - Software/Trading interface? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
idayrare corded
idayrare corded Nov 17 '23
This is a question I'm sure has been asked in the past somewhere but I'm specifically looking for something related to the Australian market that is up-to-date. I want to start day trading, but I'm not sure what kind of charting software to get. For intraday trading, should I be only using the embedded charts on my brokers websites, or are there better options out there? I know there is Iguana Spark which is at a minimum $200 per month (software and data). Is it worth me getting something like this? Is that comparatively expensive? I'm nut sure myself. Any tips on how to get started day trading on the Australian market (in terms of my setup) would be appreciated. I'll need indicators such as VWAP, Anchored VWAP, Volume at price at a minimum. Thanks
Claudette Leanna
Claudette Leanna Nov 17 '23
Howdy mate, I don't day trade but I do follow Nick Fabrio on twitter (https://twitter.com/longhorncapital?s=20) who does day trade and is transparent with his trades and thoughts....oh and he is very successful so he must be doing something right. I believe he uses Iress Trader as his platform which should cover everything that you need. God luck with the search. Cheers Trav
Alex Baroness
Alex Baroness Nov 17 '23
Iguana Spark sounds fancy, but at $200/month, it's not cheap. You gotta weigh the cost against your potential gains.For indicators like VWAP and Anchored VWAP, you'll need a platform that supports them. TradingView is a popular choice, and it won't break the bank.As for tips, start small, and don't go all-in right away. Practice, practice, practice, and use demo accounts to get the hang of it. And hey, if you're still on the hunt for more info, check out AI routing for professional day traders at blackeaglefg.com. It can provide some valuable insights to help you on your trading journey.
The Forum post is edited by Alex Baroness Nov 17 '23