We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

A plugin needed | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Donamix
Donamix Feb 19 '13
I am looking for a plugin that helps people find new temporary jobs in their area

Is there anything like this available on oxwall store?

I want my members to be able to post and find jobs..

Donamix
Donamix Feb 19 '13
Hmmm, anyone alive?

Even if it needs custom modification i need this plugin..

Somebode please reply,

Thank you :)

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 19 '13
you could use the links plugin! allow members to post links of the jobs and it has comments and stuff too. 
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Accessories Feb 19 '13
Donamix
Donamix Feb 19 '13
Never tried that, what i am trying to have is..

A Plugin that allows members to post  Jobs with a Title and Content, also allow them to find or search jobs in their area.

To be able also to leave comments on job posts etc..

Oxwall Accessories
yea the links plugin will do almost all of that if not all of it. Im not sure if you can do catagories with it but its worth a shot as it is a free plugin.
Donamix
Donamix Feb 19 '13
Thank you,

I tried it.. seems good.. it's worth a shot as it is a free plugin.

It doesn't have comments as you said.

I mean members can't leave comments on links..

By the way is it possible to change titles?

Example:

======

Shared Links to Shared Jobs

Add new link to Add new Job

"Link" to  Job

AND Link name:  http://social.donamix.com/links

To

http://social.donamix.com/jobs

The Forum post is edited by Donamix Feb 19 '13
Oxwall Accessories
It does have comments as i have seen them and commented on one. and yes go to the admin pannel and go to language. you should be able to select links in the drop down menu and change all the language to whatever you like.
Alia Team
Alia Feb 19 '13
Thank you for the idea OxwallAccessories.

Donamix, also try searching for the plugin in the store. I know for sure  that there is a plugin for posting classifieds there. Might also work for you.
cit27
cit27 Feb 19 '13
If you do not have enough money to buy a plugin, then you can also use the page group
Example the group title:
job Seeker
Job
vacancy
Company
etc...

Create new page point to the Job seeker group

NOTE:
Once you have enough money (from member donation), then you can buy the plugin you need and your site will become more professional
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Feb 19 '13
Donamix
Donamix Feb 20 '13
Quote from cit27 If you do not have enough money to buy a plugin, then you can also use the page group
Example the group title:
job Seeker
Job
vacancy
Company
etc...

Create new page point to the Job seeker group

NOTE:
Once you have enough money (from member donation), then you can buy the plugin you need and your site will become more professional

It is not that i do not 
have enough money to buy a plugin

That's my dream to buy a plugin from oxwall lol.

Ive been using oxwall software for over 8 Months, 

and now my site is starting to have traffic, but i always had a problem with buying plugins from oxwall store.

The problem is PayPal does not support my country, i cant pay using npaypal this is unfair, and when ever i contact any plugin developer they give me other payments links and they never work..

The Forum post is edited by Donamix Feb 20 '13
cit27
cit27 Feb 20 '13

Quote from Donamix and now my site is starting to have traffic, but i always had a problem with buying plugins from oxwall store.

Thats only a temporary solution ...untill you can solve the buying plugins problem (I actually got the same problem)
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Feb 20 '13
cit27
cit27 Feb 20 '13

Quote from Donamix Thank you, I tried it.. seems good.. it's worth a shot as it is a free plugin. It doesn't have comments as you said. I mean members can't leave comments on links.. By the way is it possible to change titles? Example: ====== Shared Links to Shared Jobs Add new link to Add new Job

every user can decide whether to allow other users to comment on his/her link -> Go to your privacy

Donamix
Donamix Feb 20 '13
Thats only a temporary solution ...untill you can solve the buying plugins problem (I actually got the same problem)
Thank you :)

I really hope this is only a temporary solution,

there is many plugins i need like the cover photos, Admin pal, and few more..

By the way do you know to change my link name of the links plugin?

http://social.donamix.com/links

To

http://social.donamix.com/jobs

I changed everything i need in the Admin panel - Languages

I just cant find out how to change the Link name,

I tried from admin panel, manage pages, i have no option to rename the links page

Donamix
Donamix Feb 20 '13
Hello? Anyone there?
Pete
Pete Feb 20 '13
Why dont you search hot scrips.com and find a free php script ,then set it up on a sub domain and Iframe it onto a page on your website .you will need to allow the sub domain folder  in your htacess in oxwall
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 20 '13
when you go to the admin pannel you go to pages and menus. look for links and edit it to whatever you like. you got my skype as well buddy hit me up if you need further help.
Pete
Pete Feb 20 '13

Quote from OxwallAccessories
when you go to the admin pannel you go to pages and menus. look for links and edit it to whatever you like. you got my skype as well buddy hit me up if you need further help.

Then you or just asking for problems with spamers useing the links mod,this links mod is not very secure and you will be open to spam bots .You couldencrypt the php code for this links mod,it would be alot of messing about ,but if you or going to use it ,then you should
The Forum post is edited by Pete Feb 20 '13
cit27
cit27 Feb 20 '13

Quote from Eddie Hughes The wiki plugin will be ideal for this, once he fixes it lol!

Eddie

Wiki Plugin is Very good and FREE

Quote from Donamix To http://social.donamix.com/jobs
You can change the default URL to /jobs

Donamix
Donamix Feb 21 '13
Quote from Aliia Thank you for the idea OxwallAccessories.

Donamix, also try searching for the plugin in the store. I know for sure  that there is a plugin for posting classifieds there. Might also work for you.
I know this plugin, actually it's For Buy and Sell stuff, this is also on my mind

but i have been waiting for ages just waiting till you accept credit cards :)

I cannot buy anything from oxwall store, it's annoying 

I have a lot of plugins on mind i want them so bad, but PayPal does not support my country

Donamix
Donamix Feb 21 '13
Quote from cit27
Quote from Eddie Hughes The wiki plugin will be ideal for this, once he fixes it lol!

Eddie

Wiki Plugin is Very good and FREE

I just tried the Wiki plugin, i think im gonna use this instead of the Links plugin

This is almost same as what im looking for and it also have categories :)

But i am having some problems..

1.) when you rate a post it takes you to a white blank page.

2.)  how to add the wiki under the Add New see the pic for what i mean..

Note: The current one in the is from the links plugin, Wiki doesn't add an option for that there

3.) I also noticed that when i remove/delete a post it takes to blank page too.

By the way, why do members have option to delete and edit categories?

Isn't that supposed to be editable for admins only?

4.) when members or i post something it shows the error below.

Error 500
Internal Server Error.

Pages: 1 2 »