We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cron Error: "Class 'PDO' not found in /home/siteid/public_html/ow_core/database.php on line 185" | Forum

Lisa
Lisa Feb 20 '13

Experiencing the following CRON error, began just after 1am and am getting same error every 5 mins since (whenever cron job runs).

Anyone know how to fix this?

Class 'PDO' not found in /home/siteid/public_html/ow_core/database.php on line 185

Lisa
Lisa Feb 20 '13

Sorry, this might belong in the standard troubleshooting forum. I may have put in wrong place.

Pete
Pete Feb 20 '13

You have a problem with your hosting ,Your web server does not appear to support PDO (PHP Data Objects). Ask your hosting provider if they support the native PDO extension.As your hosting provider updated their PHP version?

Tell your webhost he needs to check the php.ini file on his server and enable extension=pdo_mysql.so

Alot of hosts do not enable this ,as it can be a security risk on a shared server

The Forum post is edited by Pete Feb 20 '13
Lisa
Lisa Feb 21 '13

Interesting, thanks for the feedback!

What's odd is that the error seemed to go away early yesterday afternoon. It hasn't been back since. I'm curious what could have caused it.

I did catch a spammer yesterday and deleted their account. Could it be related?

Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 25 '13
No, Lisa, spam activity is not related to this problem at all. Consider about contacting your hosting company regarding the issue.