We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Please help urgently :( ! | Forum

Kira Castle
Kira Castle Feb 20 '13
Hi guys,

I was recently noticing the topic about no emails being sent out when a new user joins. I had the same problem. I tried to do everything in that forum but nothing, then i change the site email to a normal gmail address, then i also changed my admin email to a normal email address. and when i changed my email, it said it sent a confirmation email to confirm the email change. BUT -  i dont recieve that email. So i am literally stuck and can not log in to my website at all...

www.kiracastle.com/retrosushi  and password is letmein 

I hope someone can pleaaase help me , thank you

DeFender
DeFender Feb 20 '13
first try to run cron manually http://kiracastle.com/retrosushi/ow_cron/run.php
second you can change all your data using phpmyadmin
cit27
cit27 Feb 20 '13
I do not know if this will work
Go to your database...
Find: ow_base_user
Edit User admin: emailVerify -> 1
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Feb 20 '13
Pete
Pete Feb 20 '13

Quote from cit27

Go to your database...

She needs to input New email address in her account in db if she cant gain access to her email,
The Forum post is edited by Pete Feb 22 '13
cit27
cit27 Feb 20 '13
Find other moderator password and replace it...via database
Kira Castle
Kira Castle Feb 20 '13
Thank you for your help So quick, I will try something manually. Man I have been trying all day! Its just that even if I change my email and check all the emails I've ever had, nothing comes through... It's strange.

Maybe someone can try register?
Kira Castle
Kira Castle Feb 20 '13
It I the only moderator or admin, I have actually restarted this site recently. Thanks for your help.

If I can not figure It out, I'll restart the whole site and try again (for the 3rd time haha)
Kira Castle
Kira Castle Feb 20 '13
Hi Pete, Mali sure you're at kiracastle.com/retrosushi , it is oxwall :)
cit27
cit27 Feb 20 '13

Quote from Kira Castle Thank you for your help So quick, I will try something manually. Man I have been trying all day! Its just that even if I change my email and check all the emails I've ever had, nothing comes through... It's strange.

Maybe someone can try register?

If you find the email problem, try to run this:
Quote from DeFender first try to run cron manually http://kiracastle.com/retrosushi/ow_cron/run.php
second you can change all your data using phpmyadmin

SL
SL Feb 20 '13

Quote from Kira Castle nothing, then i change the site email to a normal gmail address, then i also changed my admin email to a normal email address. and when i changed my email, it said it sent a confirmation email to confirm the email change. BUT - i dont recieve that email. So i am literally stuck and can not log in to my website at all...

You Got Problem Admin Email Confirmation...

Quote from cit27 I do not know if this will work Go to your database... Find: ow_base_user Edit User admin: emailVerify -> 1

Have you checked what cit27 said? (If you did not change your password then use your old password) but you need to verificate your new email->via database)

The Forum post is edited by SL Feb 20 '13
Pete
Pete Feb 20 '13

Quote from Raden

Quote from Kira Castle
nothing, then i change the site email to a normal gmail address, then i also changed my admin email to a normal email address. and when i changed my email, it said it sent a confirmation email to confirm the email change. BUT - i dont recieve that email. So i am literally stuck and can not log in to my website at all...

You Got Problem Admin Email Confirmation...

Quote from cit27
Go to your database...

Have you checked what cit27 said? (If you did not change your password then use your old password) but you need to verificate your new email->via database)

If she cant gain access to her email account it no good putting emailVerify -> 1 this will only send her an email,she needs to edit her email address in db with brand new email address,as it seems what she says ,she as been changing her email in her account and its @ucked up
The Forum post is edited by Pete Feb 20 '13
SL
SL Feb 20 '13
He can change his email via database...
Find: ow_base_user  (email, username, pasword, etc)

But The main problem of your site is your cronjob system is not working
The Forum post is edited by SL Feb 20 '13
Pete
Pete Feb 20 '13
Ithink that she/he as both problems what she/he is saying,if she changes her email address in her db,she can input her cron job direct to run her cron,and then she can ask for new password which will go to her new email account.Then gains access to admin ,cron job can be sorted after.i am sorry i am not sure if its a girl or boy with problem
The Forum post is edited by Pete Feb 20 '13
Pete
Pete Feb 20 '13

read this post after you log into your admin ,it as help in setting up your cron job

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/8972

SL
SL Feb 20 '13
Pete, Aks him/her (?) to run her/his site cron job system?
Kira Castle
Kira Castle Feb 20 '13
I (girl by the way, Pete, haha), will try that shortly. Thank you :)
Pete
Pete Feb 20 '13
I have sent her/him message to say to run cron job in browser once she /he change email in db ,then get password reset and resent to new email and run cron in browser for second time to send out new email for password reset.She/he will then gain acess to admin,and then sort cron out proper after
Pete
Pete Feb 20 '13

Quote from Kira Castle
I (girl by the way, Pete, haha), will try that shortly. Thank you :)

I thought you were a girl,but guys put photos of girls as profile pic,and i could not see from your profile if you were guy or girl sorry lol
cit27
cit27 Feb 20 '13
ha..ha You got a new...girl Pete.....
Pete
Pete Feb 20 '13
If you need any help to edit your database send me message and i will guide you through how to edit your database email
Pages: 1 2 3 »