We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Disable Rich Media - 1.5.1 not working - ISSUE WAS PASSED TO DEV TEAM. | Forum

Shane
Shane Feb 21 '13

I have selected to disable rich media on my site (from the admin panel). When users are interacting with the Newsfeed widget I have noticed that the attach icons (picture and video) are still present. When try to upload a picture or embed video code the add button does not allow the upload.

However the problem bug occurs when the user choose to close the dialog box for the rich media and add the comment. Although the dialog box/lightbox has closed it must have stored the details and after the adds the comments the rich media is added to the newsfeed.

The content comment is working as there are no attach icons to interact with.

The Forum post is edited by Alia Mar 14 '13
Leo
Leo Mar 12 '13
I'm also having a problem, in that Rich Media is giving a Red "error" bar whenever users try and post YouTube videos. It was working fine with Oxwall 1.4 and 1.5. We can post other links and pictures, but YouTube doesn't work. Any suggestions?
Alia Team
Alia Mar 13 '13

>>I have selected to disable rich media on my site (from the admin panel). When users are interacting with the Newsfeed widget I have noticed that the attach icons (picture and video) are still present. When try to upload a picture or embed video code the add button does not allow the upload.

I have tried to reproduce this.

1. I have disabled Rich Media in admin panel>>settings>>user settings>>content input ( both for text content and content comments).

2. I have tried to post the text along with video/photo into the newsfeed. And all went well. I saw icons and was able to upload image.

So everything is ok here. Rich media settings set in admin panel>>user settings don't apply to the newsfeed plugin.

>>However the problem bug occurs when the user choose to close the dialog box for the rich media and add the comment. Although the dialog box/lightbox has closed it must have stored the details and after the adds the comments the rich media is added to the newsfeed.

I was able to reproduce this issue and have passed it over to the product design/development team for review. Thanks for reporting/

Alia Team
Alia Mar 13 '13
Leo, can you give the embed code you were trying to use?
Can I have your site URL?

Are youtube videos allowed under "Rich Media Settings" in yoursitename.com/admin/settings/user-input ?
Shane
Shane Mar 13 '13
Quote from Aliia

>>I have selected to disable rich media on my site (from the admin panel). When users are interacting with the Newsfeed widget I have noticed that the attach icons (picture and video) are still present. When try to upload a picture or embed video code the add button does not allow the upload.

I have tried to reproduce this.

1. I have disabled Rich Media in admin panel>>settings>>user settings>>content input ( both for text content and content comments).

2. I have tried to post the text along with video/photo into the newsfeed. And all went well. I saw icons and was able to upload image.

So everything is ok here. Rich media settings set in admin panel>>user settings don't apply to the newsfeed plugin.

>>However the problem bug occurs when the user choose to close the dialog box for the rich media and add the comment. Although the dialog box/lightbox has closed it must have stored the details and after the adds the comments the rich media is added to the newsfeed.

I was able to reproduce this issue and have passed it over to the product design/development team for review. Thanks for reporting/

Thanks for advising the product support team. I will in the mean time have to hide the newsfeed icons using CSS. 
Leo
Leo Mar 25 '13
Sorry about the delay in replying, I was out of town until today. My community is at raxisprime.org, running on a NameCheap hosting account. Rich Media is not disabled in the Admin Settings, and youtube.com is in the list. I am not using an embed code. This comes about when I paste a URL in "What's Happening?", allow the link to load, clear the URL with the link still in it, and try to submit.
Bianca
Bianca Apr 4 '13
Leo did you find a solutions yet?  i am experiencing the same problem, it always worked until recently

bianca

Leo
Leo Apr 4 '13
No luck yet, Bianca. I'm hoping that OW 1.5.2 (in testing now) will fix the issue.
Bianca
Bianca Apr 4 '13
well i have askes an expert, waiting for his answer, maybe he can help us, if he can , i will be sure to let you know, it is weird, 3 days ago no problems at all, and all of a sudden it goes funny on me:) thanks for your reply leo 
Alia Team
Alia Apr 5 '13
Bianca, can you provide your site URL and embed code you are experiencing issues with?
Bianca
Bianca Apr 5 '13
it is not the embed code, video plugin works fine, the problems are only there on the wall, or on group walls
Leo
Leo Apr 5 '13
+1
Leo
Leo Apr 10 '13
Problem still exists in 1.5.2, with all of yesterday's plugin updates.

http://i.imgur.com/c9hig9T.png

I copy YouTube URL, paste it into the "What's Happening" bar, wait for the video thumbnail to appear below, and change the "What's Happening" text to whatever I want it to say.

Bianca
Bianca Apr 10 '13
true, mine didnt change either you tube url will not work grr