We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

****Beware of Instagram scammer selling used parts*** | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
idayrare corded
idayrare corded Dec 15 '23
Unfortunately I fell victim to a supposed used bronco parts seller on IG. I saw a modular bumper, bull bar, and skid plate posted on the site. The scammer has over 18K followers so I thought it was legit. I got scammed and lost $900. The instagram site was bronco_oem_parts (see photo). When he started asking me for additional money I knew it was a scam, but had already lost my money.
Jeremy Blake
Jeremy Blake Dec 15 '23
Lesson learned here. Safe tip is If you haven’t heard of them, avoid them. Unfortunately the modular bumper is a highly scammed item, along with hard tops. Another good tip is to vet the hell out of them. Ask them tons of questions, additional pics, video, piece of paper with their screen name next to the item in question. Explain that you’re just trying to be safe. If they get frustrated or impatient, or if they pressure you too much, it’s likely a scam. A real seller most likely won’t be bothered by the questions.

Another tip that I strongly encourage when buying used parts is never ever pay via Venmo, cashapp, paypal friends and family, or Apple Pay. ALWAYS use PayPal goods and services as it provides buyer and seller protection for a small fee. The fee sucks but losing hundreds of $ sucks worse. Sorry you lost your money
Emily Blake
Emily Blake Dec 15 '23
I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. Scammers can be incredibly convincing, especially when they have a seemingly legit following. It's frustrating and unfair that people misuse platforms like Instagram to deceive others.
If you're looking to rebuild your Bronco parts collection or get back in the game, maybe consider checking out https://socialzinger.com/buy-instagram-likes/. They offer services like buying Instagram likes, but beyond that, they could help in discovering authentic communities sharing genuine info on Bronco parts and trustworthy sellers. It's all about finding a community that values honesty and authenticity.
The Forum post is edited by Emily Blake Dec 15 '23