We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Anti Spammer Plugin Identifies Admin as Spammer | Forum

Bradford Page
Bradford Page Feb 23 '13
I awoke this morning to find anti-spammer had labeled by own admin log-in IP a spammer and locked me out of the site

I had to remove the anti-spammer plugin by using PHP MyAdmin

I have to have the manual approve profile on regardless

I am still seeing spammers everyday, regardless of watchdog or anti-spammer

I see the same exact email with multiple users everyday

I see all kinds of different spammers that have targeted oxwal directly

Here is the email from one of the latest spammers

aaaaasaei@loonycoupon.com

I never had this problem before switching my site over to the Oxwal format so I strongly believe the spammers have a way to target Oxwal sites directly

cit27
cit27 Feb 24 '13
If you still want to run this antispammer..
Go to your database (PhpAdmin)
Click->ow_watchdog_black_list
Click the menu: "Search"
Type on the IP box your admin IP address: 1.0.1xx.xxx
Delete your IP from database
Now your IP is no longer locked

FOR THE NEXTIME YOU LOG IN
Click->
ow_watchdog_white_list
Click-> the menu "Insert"

Type on the IP box your admin IP address: (Your IP will never be locked again and you can use the anti-spammers)
Bradford Page
Bradford Page Feb 24 '13
Thanks for the assistance
SL
SL Feb 24 '13
Why yourIP is locked? Many reasons:
->You created some new user using your admin IP ...and the anti spam
machine consider you as a spammer
->You joined other sites that using the stopforumspam.com database (the Site Admin
had labeled your IP as a spammer) which is then sent to the database server of your site. (NOTE: I'm sure you will not be able to sign in oxwall.org if your all IP black list site database including your IP has been sent to the StopForumSpam.Com)
->You run The IP Check tool of Paul Anti Spammer (Duplicate IP, Duplicate Email, etc)
->
and dozens of other potential reasons

If you are using the latest
Paul AntiSpammer.....you can enter the certain IPs and email addresses in a black list of Email/IP

aaaaasaei@loonycoupon.com
Tester
Tester Feb 26 '13

cit27, pls rem that all registered members deemed 'spammers' dont have this facility.
I had to create a group in Facebook to handle problems like this, so that members of our site can report it there. Originally it was built for communication with the Admin in the event of a server failure, but it came handy during the time I was using Antispammer.