We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Other activities should not tamper with Themes. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Tester
Tester Feb 25 '13
It takes hours or days to customise a Theme. At my site extraneous activities such as updates kill my painstaking work, by replacing it with the original version. In no other scripts except Oxwall a theme/template/stylsheet is afftected this way. Nothing Should alter a style sheet. It is difficult go on re-customising a theme every now and then.

And there is more to it.

Yesterday my cutomised theme (Spring) was tamepered with. And I saw the word NAME on the header photo. What name? It is all in the Main Settings -- Title and tagline, right? There is something seriously wrong with the script if the Themec can't pick the necessary parameters from it. At least it should avoid putting things like NAME as in the example above. Locating it and removing/replacing it is tiresome job, all the more so because you don't know what is the file concerned.

In Joomla, you can customise a template and make it a new, different and legitimate template, just by chaging its name in the XML file. Does Oxwall has a similar arrangement? I don't think so. How can we keep a cutomised theme intact, and get it back to use when updates remove all customisation?
The Forum post is edited by Tester Feb 25 '13