We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

My Website Is Under Attack | Forum

Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Feb 25 '13
A user I think is a spammer created a group on my site. www.bookerzmedia.com, this is the link to the group http://www.bookerzmedia.com/groups/78.

As admin, I should be able to edit or delete the group. In fact I want to delete the group but the spammer has created a flap to cover the buttons that enable me to edit the group. All other groups can be edited.

I am not able to edit/delete this group since the user has created a flap to cover the edit/delete buttons/links.

Someone please help me.
Thanks
Bobby
Bobby Feb 25 '13
I am no expert. I am only trying to give you quick answer while you wait for good answer.
If I understand this problem correctly, then the first thing that comes to my mind is: you will have to delete this group from your database.
This involves access to your database and knowledge of tables in database. If you can do this, great. But maybe you need your host or a friend to do it.
cit27
cit27 Feb 25 '13

Quote from Bobby I am no expert. I

+1 Great...
search the group id via database
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Feb 25 '13
Tester
Tester Feb 25 '13
Bobby, is right. Kumi Festus, I have no groups, but I suggest: go to your cPanel > php admin.
Click _qwe and look for all items that have 'group' in it. Chances are that you will find the group there and delete it.
The Forum post is edited by Tester Feb 25 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Kumi,

If you could email me your details, I will try to see whats the actual reason..

It's not about deleting this group. its about stopping it if its an attack.
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Feb 25 '13
Thanks everybody,
I have deleted the group from the database. I have suspended the account and blocked the IP Address of that user. I think this will prevent him entering my site again in future.
I appreciate your concern.
Joseph
Joseph Feb 25 '13
next time you can use google chrome and a little cs tactic to rid the flap from the page as you view it and delete on site 
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I guess the problem is not yet solved unless we find the way its being done.
cit27
cit27 Feb 25 '13

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam I guess the problem is not yet solved unless we find the way its being done.

unfortunately the
group had been removed ... nice also if it is known what the code has been used by the user who have made the group/78