We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall fans help. | Forum

david jefferson
david jefferson Feb 28 '13
Hiya All

Ok to start with Im Dave and I have an idea that has been set back now several times due to website companies not providing what they said they could do for example easy-scripts. DONT EVER USE THEM.

Ok lets start, I want to create a memorial version of facebook but encorporating various things. This is where I need your help. If I say what I think I want in my head can you guys and girls tell me the best way of doing it. 

Admin if this is in the wrong area im very very sorry.

Ok,

1. On the homepage it would have newly registered members - memorial that had been created that day - memorial anniversaries. Possibly a rolling wall of what help topics have been posted on the forum. 

2. Members can create numerous loved one walls which all would have there own url - family and friends would have to subscribe to each wall to create messages.

Owners of the page are responsible for editing the page. And I would have the ability to edit too.

3. On each wall it would have the main picture of the loved one what has passed, description, pictures, videos, obituaries etc. BUT on the right hand side of the wall it would have a rotating picture script showing pictures and memorial messages which would stop when the mouse is hovered over them.

4. Want a facility where they can purchase gifts and they would be on there messages, I want the facility where i can upload them.

5. I currently have my own forum and directory of useful topics and links which I would like to incorporate.

david jefferson
Well thats it for now, But you know how things develop and develop and ideas change.
david jefferson
What payment gateways do you guys use. Is paypal still the number one.