We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is it possible to use one SIM for calls only and the other SIM for data only? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Patty Long
Patty Long Jan 9

Hello,

I use SIM 1 in my phone (S10e), which I have for data + calls and SMS.
Then I use SIM 2, which I only have for calls + SMS.
I would like to ask if it is possible to temporarily disable calls + SMS on SIM 1, but at the same time leave data running?
This means that I won't be able to receive calls on SIM 1 and I won't be able to make calls from it either, but the internet connection via SIM 1 will work.

Claudette Leanna
Managing dual SIMs can be a bit tricky, but on the S10e, you can't selectively disable calls/SMS on just one SIM while keeping data active. It's usually an all-or-nothing scenario per SIM. However, some apps or settings might help automate this, but they're not native to the phone.

If you're keen on exploring workarounds or additional features to fine-tune your phone's functionalities, checking out this website or forums dedicated to phone customization or Android tips could be helpful. They often have insights and third-party solutions that might cater to your specific needs.
Violet Sagmiller
I've been encountering some serious connectivity issues. It's not just a matter of dropped calls or slow internet—it's about feeling isolated and cut off from the world when I need to be connected the most. I've tried troubleshooting on my end, but the problem persists. Has anyone else faced such challenges with Safelink, or is it just me?
Bill Memerrik
Bill Memerrik Apr 22
Hello! Many companies provide LifeLine services for those who need affordable communication options, but one of the best is Safelink Wireless. For their clients, they provide completely free mobile communication services, as well as a free mobile phone that everyone can use without restrictions. It’s easy to apply to use their services on the company’s website, and if you have difficulties with this, you can call the safelink wireless number or contact them online, and they will help with the connection.
The Forum post is edited by Bill Memerrik Apr 22