We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Remove "all account types" in search/users - ANSWERED | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
John
John Mar 1 '13
Help, please. I've got 4 account types on my site. I'd like to remove "all account types" in the drop-box on users/search page. If it's not possible, then id' like to hide all profile questions for that field. Can it be solved? ver. 1.5.1
The Forum post is edited by Alia Mar 11 '13
Michael I.
Michael I. Mar 1 '13
Oxwall was designed in a way that at least one default account type exists. So, if you delete all roles there would be serious issues on your website. We strongly recommend against doing that.
Michael I.
Michael I. Mar 1 '13
Topic was moved from Custom Code Modifications.
John
John Mar 1 '13
misuderstood. Sorry, but you've missed quotes. And so again. Page mysite.com/search/users displays drop-down box with account types. In this listing you can see your created account types + one more called like "All account types". So i don't need to remove all account types from my site, but i need to hide or remove field "All account types" on the search page, or if i can't do it, then i need to hide profile questions shown under this block. Please tell me where is the listing with account types placed? Or how can i disable all off displayed profile questions for this Field ( "All account types" ) Thx.
The Forum post is edited by John Mar 1 '13
Alia Team
Alia Mar 4 '13

>>i need to hide or remove field "All account types" on the search pag
Admin panel>>settings>>language >> find the  text key for "All Account Types" phrase. ( {text key='base+questions_account_type_all'} ).
Replace it with, for example, "Select Account Type" text.

Result on front end:

This way users will intuitively select certain account type instead of "all account types".

If this doesn't fit your needs, you will need to modify source code.

This is custom code modification and I can not give step by step instructions.

But here are the files you will need to edit:

- user_search.php ( ow_system_plugins/base/controllers)

- user_search_index.html (ow_system_plugins/base/views/conrollers)

Please note that if you are doing custom code modifications, you are doing them at your own risk.

All custom changes done within the source code will be erased if you update the software.

John
John Mar 11 '13
Quote from Aliia But here are the files you will need to edit: - user_search.php ( ow_system_plugins/base/controllers) - user_search_index.html (ow_system_plugins/base/viewe/conrollers)

Thanks!