We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

how do i link the new 1.1 with an existing database? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Savio Vega
Savio Vega Apr 8 '11
i had deleted website which had the old version but have a database of users (SQL) how can i install 1.1 and link it to the database? Appreciate the help, thanks.
Crystal
Crystal Apr 9 '11
You will need to backup the sql db with cpanel and then load the new site. Once done if you did not keep the salt setting in original site you will have to redo every members password in cpanel in the db.
Once you have loaded the new site drop all the tables before importing your backed up sql db.

WARNING YOU WILL LOSE MOST IMAGES AND MEMBERS AVATARS DOING IT THIS WAY
Savio Vega
Savio Vega Apr 9 '11
thanks Crystal
Den Team
Den Apr 9 '11
Hello guys.
It is impossible to use an old database with new version of code. There will an errors.
But you can use old version of db and old version of code :) Setup the same code version and update software, step by step or using autoupdates
Crystal
Crystal May 4 '11
Just make sure you keep the files in ow-userfiles as this is where all images are kept.
DO NOT CHANGE THIS FILE OR DO A BACKUP FIRST.

Images are kept here and not on DB.
The Forum post is edited by Crystal May 4 '11
REHMAN
REHMAN Mar 20
I really like your take on the issue. I now have a clear idea on what this matter is all about.. AE888
REHMAN
REHMAN Mar 25
Thank you for sharing excellent information. Your web-site is so cool. I’m impressed by the info that you’ve on this website. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for more articles. https://f8bet.website/
REHMAN
REHMAN Mar 27
Hi there are using WordPress for your site platform? I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and create my own. Do you require any html coding expertise to make your own blog? Any help would be really appreciated! nổ hũ F8BET
REHMAN
REHMAN Yesterday, 04:54AM
The following definitely seems to be positively terrific. Such very little fact is released by using lot from certificates know-how. I just gain doing so a good price. jupe
REHMAN
REHMAN Yesterday, 07:09AM
Vous pouvez dès maintenant effectuer votre premier dépôt sur 1xbet pour obtenir votre bonus de bienvenue et commencer à parier sur vos sports préférés. générateur de code promo 1xbet