We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Newsfeed | Forum

Pete
Pete Mar 3 '13
I put newsfeed on my dashboard ,the problem is,admin,mods, can see updated posts,but members only see old posts.i have updated permishions but still this happens
The Forum post is edited by Pete Mar 6 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
What you mean by updated posts?

Does this happens even after the users refresh their page?
Pete
Pete Mar 4 '13

Hi ,

i cant under stand this .I did a post has admin and it showed my post on the newsfeed,i also put a few comments on the newsfeed ,then i logged in again with my test account and all i can see is just old posts,i have tried diff browsers but still the same result ,no matter how much i refresh its still the same .I have removed this because its @@@@.I have checked all user permishions and these or correct .Alot of peps or having problems with newsfeed.What we need is a nice little comments plugin were members can post and reply ,this would be better ,maybe a widget so we can add it to dash or user profile

The Forum post is edited by Pete Mar 4 '13
Pete
Pete Mar 4 '13
Infact i think i might search for a free php script and put in sub domain and iframe it onto the dash,To take a guess i would say that the newsfeed plugin is clashing with another plugin,as it works for some people and not for otheres .
SL
SL Mar 4 '13

Quote from Pete to take a guess i would say that the newsfeed plugin is clashing with another plugin,as it works for some people and not for otheres .

Could you share what another plugin is clashing with the newsfeed plugin? -> http://www.oxwall.org/store
if people use the same hosting/server requirements will be the same result?-> http://www.oxwall.org/hosting
The Forum post is edited by SL Mar 4 '13
Pete
Pete Mar 4 '13

It was just my personal oppinion ,due to if it works for some people ,and not for othere people.And that is the only feasible explanation i can come up with .Oxwall script is the same script we all use ,but when people start useing different themes ,dif plugins ,people or going to get dif results .its nothing to do with your webhosting ,if you can set oxwall up on your host server then oxwall should work ok,untill you start adding things ,some plugins or not very good ,so it will have some bad affects on oxwall.

SL
SL Mar 4 '13
Better if u want to say what this plugin/theme so the developer can fix this for us....or report it to the plugin forum....so you can be more confident if your opinion is indeed true
Pete
Pete Mar 4 '13
I do not know what the plugin is ,i am just guessing why newsfeed does not work on my oxwall but works on otheres,there must be a reason why this is happening .
SL
SL Mar 4 '13
or try to run debug mode to find the notice and bad warning on your site...
Pete
Pete Mar 4 '13
I have removed the plugin ,i have given up useing it .
SL
SL Mar 4 '13
you removed the newsfeed plugin?
Pete
Pete Mar 4 '13
It will not show up in debug mod anyway there or no errors ,just messages or not showing
Pete
Pete Mar 4 '13

Quote from Raden
you removed the newsfeed plugin?

ye,i am not going to use it no more
SL
SL Mar 4 '13
if u run it u will see minimally the notice/warning whe u open the troble page/application in your site
SL
SL Mar 4 '13
it is a pity ...
Pete
Pete Mar 4 '13
I am not bothering to do this ,i will look for a php script on hot scripts.com
SL
SL Mar 4 '13
good luck...hopefully you can combine them with oxwall
Pete
Pete Mar 4 '13
thanks
Alia Team
Alia Mar 5 '13
Pete, justed wanted to check with you whether you are aware that newsfeed on user's dashboard doesn't show everything?It only shows items related to loged in user  ( like friends' activity, activity in groups user has joined, events user is attending and etc).

When you were testing you tested with the main newsfeed?
Unique
Unique Mar 5 '13
the main newsfeed is site.com/index?
Pages: 1 2 »