We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Forum plugin | Forum

Rodney
Rodney Mar 4 '13
My forum search quit working. It will not find anything in the forums.  It was working fine then quit.  Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Rodney
Matthew D Zavoras
Matthew D Zavoras Mar 4 '13
Any new plugins added recently? If so try disabling one at a time.
Rodney
Rodney Mar 4 '13
nope, it worked yhen stopped

Matthew D Zavoras
I don't have an easy fix. If it where me I'd try to back up my forum files. Find out where the posts are kept, maybe sql table. Then reinstall everything. But keep back up files in case there are any problems. That's the hard way but I bet a sure fix.

Or try to just disable then delete the plugin and reinstall it. But make sure to do back ups. I don't see the plugin at the store since it is a default. You will have to redownload oxwall to get that plugin.

This is the only way I know how to fix it. I'd wait for others to comment.

Hope I didn't confuse you.
Rodney
Rodney Mar 4 '13
I deleted the forum post via the plugin. before I saw your post. That is fine. They were all test posts. If I disable the plugin and uninstall will it make all new fresh data files? (I hope) Should I delete all the forum categories via the plugin first or will it make a new data for for them to?

Thanks.  I don't doing work, I just want it to work.. :)

Matthew D Zavoras
I would think you would have to just upload it again and install the plugin. Not sure why it wouldn't work.
Rodney
Rodney Mar 4 '13
Well I un installed it and re installed it and it is doing the same thing... Oh boy

Rodney
Rodney Mar 4 '13
The plugin is on page three of topFree plugins

Matthew D Zavoras
Have you deleted your website cache lately?
Rodney
Rodney Mar 4 '13
how do you do that?

Matthew D Zavoras
depends what browser you have. Google how to delete cache on firefox or how to delete cache on internet explorer. etc.
Rodney
Rodney Mar 4 '13
Oh, I thought you meant the one of the site itself.

Rodney
Rodney Mar 5 '13
anyone out there think it could be a database problem?

I really need to figure this out.

Thanks