We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Service Dog Gear Recommendations in Detroit Area | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
John Staples
John Staples Jan 30
Hello! I am training my Golden Retriever, Bailey, to be my service dog here in Metro Detroit. I'm looking for recommendations on high-quality gear like vests, leashes, collars that are suitable for service dogs in public. Things that will clearly identify her as a working dog, keep her comfortable on long public outings, and withstand daily use. If you know of any particular brands or products that have worked well for service dogs in our Detroit area, please share! I want to make sure I have Bailey properly outfitted for her important role.
The Forum post is edited by John Staples Jan 30
Fargo
Fargo Jan 31
Hey there! Training your Golden, Bailey, to be a service dog sounds like a wonderful journey. I totally get wanting the best gear for her. I've been down a similar road with my Lab, Max, here in Detroit. Finding the right vest and leash that's comfortable and durable is key. We stumbled upon dog training supplies and resources a lifesaver. They have a great selection of vests and leashes that are perfect for service dogs. Check out Joey Luke's Dog Training for some quality options. On a side note, when Max first started wearing his service vest, he was a bit unsure. But after a few days, he strutted around like he owned the streets of Detroit! It was important to find something that made him feel comfortable yet was clear he's working. Best of luck with Bailey! Remember, a comfortable and clearly marked vest makes all the difference for both you and your dog in public spaces.
The Forum post is edited by Fargo Jan 31