We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Interactive Food Puzzles For My Detroit Pup | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
John Staples
John Staples Jan 30
Hi there! I recently adopted the most adorable beagle mix puppy named Lucy. She's full of energy and loves treats, so I'm looking for mentally stimulating food puzzle toys to keep her engaged and busy here in Metro Detroit. Do you have any recommendations for interactive feeders that I can put part of her kibble in to make mealtimes more enriching? Things that will make her work to get the food out using her nose and paws? Durable enough that she won't break immediately? I'm open to any suggestions you have for stimulating food puzzles that would be great for a smart, treat-motivated pup like my Lucy!
Fargo
Fargo Jan 31
Hey there! Congrats on your new furry friend, Lucy! Beagles are such smart pups, so it's awesome you're looking into food puzzles for her. I had a similar experience with my terrier, Ziggy. He's super energetic and treat-driven too. One thing that really worked for us was a puzzle feeder we got from a local puppy training center based in Orem, UT. Even though you're in Metro Detroit, it might be worth checking out their online shop for ideas!
The one we tried is this durable ball that dispenses kibble as Ziggy rolls it around. It's tough enough to withstand his enthusiastic play, and it really makes him work for his treats. Watching him use his nose and paws to figure it out is so entertaining! Another option we loved was a maze-like bowl that slows down his eating while giving him a bit of a challenge.
Since Lucy is a beagle mix, she'll probably have a blast with something similar. These puzzle feeders not only make mealtimes fun but also help with mental stimulation and slowing down fast eaters. Definitely give it a try and see how Lucy likes it!