We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Site randomly redirects to /install or install/requirements/ AFTER successful install! | Forum

Z32
Z32 Mar 5 '13
Site randomly redirects to /install or install/requirements/ AFTER successful install!

I've been using this for almost a month now, and I notice that sometimes I get randomly redirected to the aforementioned URL without notice or warning, and it's always a 404 error, obviously.

Here my .htaccess:

# File modified on Sat Feb 16 14:40:33 2013 by server# For security reasons, mod_php is not used on this server. Use a php.ini file for php directives# php_flag register_globals off# For security reasons, Option followsymlinks cannot be overridden.#Options +FollowSymLinksOptions +SymLinksIfOwnerMatchRewriteEngine OnAddEncoding gzip .gzAddEncoding gzip .gzip<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">  ForceType text/javascript</FilesMatch><FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">  ForceType text/css</FilesMatch>RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]RewriteRule (.*) index.php

Looks fine as far as I can tell. What gives? Any suggestions here?  

Z32
Z32 Mar 6 '13
any suggestions??
cit27
cit27 Mar 6 '13
Have you tried to clear recent history of your browser
Pete
Pete Mar 6 '13
Did you remove your install folder ? 
The Forum post is edited by Pete Mar 6 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Can you ask your host to check the mysql server log? Is that sometimes down and up later?

The site goes to ww.site.com/install suddenly if the mysql server gets down.
Z32
Z32 Mar 7 '13
yes I believe the problem was related to spam traffic hammering the site--- I haven't seen it happen in awhile... I'll check the SQL logs
Alia Team
Alia Mar 12 '13
Z32, also follow Pete's advice. Remove or rename 'install' folder so that nobody can play around with your installation when they see install page instead of regular site.