We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

InvalidArgumentException | Forum

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Mar 7 '13

My network has stopped working, gives "Error 500".

Following the steps in http://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:enable-debug

gives more information, but do not know how to fix it

Please help!

Message:SQLSTATE[42000] [1044] Access denied for user 'charlis3_admin'@'localhost' to database 'charlis3_oxwall'File:/home1/charlis3/public_html/ow_core/database.phpLine:214Trace:#0 /home1/charlis3/public_html/ow_core/database.php(244): OW_Database->__construct(Array)#1 /home1/charlis3/public_html/ow_core/ow.php(123): OW_Database::getInstance(Array)#2 /home1/charlis3/public_html/ow_core/base_dao.php(47): OW::getDbo()#3 /home1/charlis3/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_dao.php(71): OW_BaseDao->__construct()#4 /home1/charlis3/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_dao.php(60): BOL_UserDao->__construct()#5 /home1/charlis3/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_service.php(129): BOL_UserDao::getInstance()#6 /home1/charlis3/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_service.php(118): BOL_UserService->__construct()#7 /home1/charlis3/public_html/ow_core/application.php(798): BOL_UserService::getInstance()#8 /home1/charlis3/public_html/ow_core/application.php(102): OW_Application->userAutoLogin()#9 /home1/charlis3/public_html/index.php(43): OW_Application->init()#10 {main}Type:InvalidArgumentException

Attachments:
  screen1.jpg (260.75Kb)
Matthew D Zavoras
Matthew D Zavoras Mar 7 '13
Did you recheck your database settings?
Access denied for user 'charlis3_admin'@'localhost' to database 'charlis3_oxwall'
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Provide all preveliges to the database charlis3_oxwall for the user charlis3_admin from your phpmyadmin.
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Mar 8 '13

I managed to fix it, after 8 hours of research and experiments by simply creating a new user for the database and making the software connect with it everything works fine. Curiously re-establish the connection to the first user now if it works, so I gather it was a mysterious authentication error in the database.

Privileges and other was out because I had always worked and has not touched anything but user-level.

Thanks for trying to help,

Patricia!