We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

URL Generation Error | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Ryan Leonard
Ryan Leonard Mar 8 '13
I've installed Oxwall on a high port (:50720), and Ajax requests are not correctly pointing to the server, such as /newsfeed/ajax/status-update/:50720? (when updating the status in the dashboard).  Would this be easy to fix?

I'm happy to provide more details if necessary.

Edit: as I have added below, this has shown up in many places, not just AJAX requests (I think).

The Forum post is edited by Ryan Leonard Mar 10 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I am not sure this has anything to do with ajax request. Are you able to figure the XHR calls in firebug?
Ryan Leonard
Ryan Leonard Mar 10 '13
The problem is that an AJAX request is pointing to an invalid address.  It has everything to do with the AJAX request.  This is what I caught in the Chrome console:

POST [mysite]/newsfeed/ajax/status-update/:50720?

It should be [mysite]:50720/newsfeed/ajax/status-update/

After backtracking through all of the scripts to see the AJAX call, I realized the action on the form was pointing to the wrong URL.  How is this generated in PHP?  Many of the AJAX calls on the website are broken.

<formid="form_38331627"method="post"action="[mysite]/newsfeed/ajax/status-update/:50720?"name="newsfeed_update_status">

EDIT:

There is definitely an error in PHP code that is generating URLs, I just got sent to the following page.

https://[mysite]/admin/languages:50720?&page=2

<a href="[mysite]/admin/languages:50720?&amp;page=2">2</a>

I don't have a good understanding of the layout of the oxwall files to find the function that is being called to produce these URLs.  Could anyone give me a pointer?

The Forum post is edited by Ryan Leonard Mar 10 '13