We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Major bug - "No photo" thumbnail showing up after deleting [Answered] | Forum

Dave S
Dave S Mar 10 '13

I want to inform that Oxwall Demo site has a bug with the thumbnail photos, and my site has it too. When i uploaded two photos and i deleted one of them, but it keeps to display the blank thumbnail photo on Newsfeed and My profile pages. It should be disappearead after deleting the photo. I inserted the pictures that you can look at.

My profile from Oxwall demo

My profile & Newsfeed from my site

Please fix this as soon as you can or let me know how to fix it.

Thank you.

The Forum post is edited by Alia Oct 7 '13
Alia Team
Alia Mar 11 '13
Which software version do you have?
Which theme are you using ?

I have tested on my own installation:
1. added 2 images>>checked the newsfeed>>2 photos show up
3. deleted 1 image>>refreshed newsfeed page>>only 1 image showed up. No broken thumbnails.
Dave S
Dave S Mar 11 '13
Well, i just found out that Chrome and IE have a problem with this. I tested it with Firefox and it's ok. I don't know about Safari. IE also has a problem with the layout, especially missing corners. Here you can see the pic - http://i.imgur.com/wYSYcSZ.jpg

My version is 1.5.1. The theme is Crayon.

The Forum post is edited by Dave S Mar 11 '13
Bobby
Bobby Mar 11 '13
I too have noticed the round corners do not work in IE. Version 1.5.1 Origin theme.
Just confirming. No biggie for me.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Can you press Control + F5 keys and check if that works?
Dave S
Dave S Mar 11 '13
Ramanujam, it doesn't work.
Alia Team
Alia Mar 12 '13
Dave, thank you for reporting this.
I was able to reproduce the issue in Chrome and have passed this over to development team.
I will keep you posted.
webcs Club
webcs Mar 17 '13
So we do
Dave S
Dave S Apr 12 '13
Oxwall 1.5.2 has this bug. I think they forgot to fix it....Please fix this!

And the demo site has it too. Please check it out on http://demo.oxwall.org/user/dove

The Forum post is edited by Dave S Apr 14 '13
Dave S
Dave S Apr 14 '13
Up! Please fix this, it's a real major bug.
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Apr 14 '13
I have just installed Oxwall 1.5.2 and my images that I have uploaded are not showing up on my website, just blank images where the photo's should be, is this a bug?
Dave S
Dave S Apr 16 '13
Up!
Joseph Simon
Joseph Simon Apr 16 '13
i had this issues too.I was using Google chrome and using spring theme.I cleared my browser cache still it was there.But after a few hours Later it disappeared .
The Forum post is edited by Joseph Simon Apr 16 '13
Alia Team
Alia Apr 17 '13
Dave, we were not able to fix this in this release. But it will surely be fixed in one of the upcoming ones.
Alia Team
Alia Oct 2 '13
Guys, one of our community members came up with a temporary solution to this issue.
More info here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/13668
Dave S
Dave S Oct 4 '13
Wow, it works. Many thanks Aliia for and fbkca!