We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Need help with Admin support in new plug-in | Forum

Eric D
Eric D Mar 10 '13
I'm creating a new Oxwall plug-in.  All is going well until I try to get an admin screen working.  I've followed the crash course, and looked at numerous other examples.  When I go to the URL, it displays the PHP from my admin.php file at the top of the screen, then below it gives me an error message in the rendered screen saying "Page not found.  Sorry, this document doesn't exist."  

I know it must have to do with my controller and view, but it seems I have everything in place according to the examples.

I shrunk it down to a very simple set of code just to try to get things loading the page.  

--------------------------------------------------------

/controllers/admin.php 

class QUESTIONS_CTRL_Admin extends ADMIN_CTRL_Abstract{   public function index()     {     }}

/view/controllers/admin_index.html

<div class="ow_automargin ow_superwide"><b>Got here!</b></div>

I try to access it with:

(mydomain)/questions/

(mydomain)/questions/index

Neither work.  I also added all the routing code and it is obviously trying to load the page as it can see my php code, but it's not loading the view.

(screen cap attached)

Ideas?

Thanks!

Eric

Attachments:
  pagenotfound.png (413.88Kb)
Thabile
Thabile Sep 5 '13
I get the same error. I think the person who wrote the crash course is a very bad teacher. I have been coding with php for 6 years and I cant believe I get stuck like this. Maybe I'll write a better crash course ones I get this one right.

The worst thing is they create a contact-us plugin while another contact us page already exists. which duplicates the system. Thats a bad form of teaching 

Daisy Team
Daisy Sep 6 '13
Eric, why did you use the following URLs?:
(mydomain)/questions/

(mydomain)/questions/index

They are already in use by our core functionality for the Profile Questions.

Also, could you please specify what exactly you want to do? What does your plugin suppose to do? Should it be able to operate the profile questions? Please provide more information.

Thabile, the crash course is just an example wich shows you the way the forms, components, controllers, etc work in our software. You can turn to it just to see the functions you can use to develop this or that functionality.

Anyway, if you think that some aspects should be corrected and rewritten in the crash course - please provide us with the list of the changes and we will consider all of them.