We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

E-Mail Invitation | Forum

Paulo
Paulo Mar 11 '13
I can not send e-mail invitation on page administration. By placing invitations to email says it was sent successfully, but not actually send.

can they help?

Thank you and sorry for my english
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Is your cron working?

Check in spam if the mails are over there..

Are you using smtp?
Den Team
Den Mar 13 '13
Topic was moved from Oxwall Store.
Alia Team
Alia Mar 19 '13
+1 to Purusothaman's questions.
Jordan Boyls
Jordan Boyls Mar 20 '13
I might have the same issue as Paulo but not sure...I am a newbie to this, but I just tried creating a new member on my site through one of my other emails.  It said registration was successful and to click this button to send email confirmation to member email.  I did this and nothing ever showed up.  I added the email to my contact list/address book...and still no email  showed up.  Now, my site is stuck on the "please confirm your email" page and I can't use the site.  Any feedback would be helpful.  Again I am newbie, so be gentle!

Thanks

Gregg Machel
Gregg Machel Apr 15 '13
I am helping Jordan with the issue he is having on his site. The cron job seems to be working because we can reset passwords and get emails.  The site is using SMTP.  Ran out of options to troubleshoot this, can anyone point me in the right direction or give me some keywords to search for to find possible solutions?  
Alia Team
Alia Apr 15 '13
Gregg,

try following:

1. find "ow_base_mail" table in your database.
Check whether there are any emails that are "to be sent".

2. register as new user and send yourself a verification email.

3. Check the "ow_base_mail" table.
Was your latest email added to the list as one of the table's rows?

4. Wait until CRON runs, or run it manually.

5. Check the table again.
Was your email removed from the list?