We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

AirBNB Reviews | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
John
John Feb 28
Long story short: we just checked into an AirBnB; I’m disappointed by the cleanliness and how dated everything thing is. I feel bad laying my baby on the bed to change her because it’s so dingy. The rug they have in the kitchen covering up broken flooring is so dirty. I think it used to be white, but it’s dirty brown and grey right now. My kids are walking over it barefoot of course. I won’t even get into everything else I’ve seen that’s stained. Shower doesn’t drain so you’re standing in 6 inches of water. I’m just wondering how honest you are on reviews. I would not have booked this place if someone had mentioned even just a few of the first 10 things wrong we have noticed in the hour we’ve been here.
Sardal
Sardal Feb 29
Sometimes if I’ve had constructive criticism for the Airbnb, I will email the host first and say something like “I’m sending this feedback to you first” so they can try to make it right—give you a discount or say something to help your stay. If they’re not positive or willing to help, then I’m more likely to leave an honest review. The market is too tight and the cleaning fees are too high for me to put up with stuff like that.
Dominic Berry
Dominic Berry Feb 29
Recently, we stayed at a spot with a super host boasting a solid 4.9 rating and 5k reviews. The initial walk-in was a bit iffy – musty and moldy vibes had us running to a hotel in 15 minutes. Support vacation rental savannah ga – worked everything out through the app. The owner refunded the cleaning fee, but I decided to escalate. Uploaded our hotel bill, shared the app convo, and voila! Full refund plus an extra 20%. Crisis averted! In terms of reviews, I try to keep it positive publicly. Minor issues get a pass, but I utilize the private message feature for constructive feedback.