We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Upgrade to 1.5.1 or not? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Vladmir
Vladmir Mar 14 '13
Upgrade to 1.5.1 or not?
What would be the step by step?
01 - Back in my dorm
02 - disable the site, plugins
03 - upgrade in the administration area "Platform update available. Update "
04 - go after activating the plugin one by one?

And with these step still run the risk of the site go down?

Uh, has a website that shows the message Platform update available. Update and another site that does not appear any message, and how this could effect the upgrade?

thank you
Alia Team
Alia Mar 18 '13
Vladimir, listed steps are correct.

>>And with these step still run the risk of the site go down?

Giving that you didn't do any custom code modifications, your site should not go down.

>>a website that shows the message Platform update available. Update and another site that does not appear any message, and how this could effect the upgrade?

You should have CRON set for the "Update" button to appear.
Seems like CRON is running for only one of your sites.
Vladmir
Vladmir Mar 18 '13
ok! CRON normal wheel, different sites, different servers ... but no message appears upgrade.

changed only a few items placing "comments" just trying to restrict access via administration, could it be that? I think not ...

Thank Aliia !
Alia Team
Alia Mar 20 '13
Vladimir, so you are 100% sure that CRON is working on both sites?

The easiest way to check whether CRON is running is to log in as UserA in one browser, and UserB in another browser ( they should be friends). Both users should appear in each other's chat lists. Then close browser where UserA was loged in without loging out. As UserB keep refreshing the site. If UserA  will remain "online", then CRON is not working.

I am almost sure that "Upgrade" option is not appearing on one of your site because of CRON.
Bryan
Bryan Mar 27 '13
im not able to upgrade from my admin area in oxwall. I can upgrade from in hostmonster. Is there any difference?
Bryan
Bryan Mar 27 '13
i backup up the sql and the main site folder. anything else i need to do?
william neon
william neon Apr 24 '22
There are a few ways to upgrade your computer. You can buy a new computer, install a new operating system, or upgrade your hardware. Upgrading your hardware can be done in a few different ways. https://getassist.net/best-essay-writing-service-review/