We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

FM radio NAT138 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
John
John Mar 14

Hi all,

I am looking for some help regarding the NAT npx 138.

I guess nat sold to cobham, can't get ahold of anyone.  No surprise there. 

We got 1 neediness in our fleet the that radio,  but it has no guard channels... how do we unlock that feature? Anyone has an idea or a number or name to contact?

Much appreciated

//M

Brittany Wang
Brittany Wang Mar 14
I came across a similar issue when trying to program guard frequencies into an old NPX 138 unit - from what I recall, I think it depends on which exact model / version you have installed as one of them only has a couple of fixed guard frequencies for the US Forestry Service while the other can be fully programmed.  A link to the manual is shown below - section 3.4.4 / pg. 3-4 has some details.
Alyvia Lynn
Alyvia Lynn Mar 14
Need some advice on the FM radio NAT138, and it seems like the struggle is real after the possible Nat-Cobham transition. Dealing with a fleet's radio needs, but missing guard channels on one? Not cool. Anyone cracked the code on unlocking that feature? Hit me up with suggestions or a contact! Appreciate the help. Oh, and speaking of radios, ever checked out the xiegu g106? Curious if it's a game-changer!