We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Add New Video [Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Rainier Sotelo
Rainier Sotelo Mar 18 '13
Hello,

Kindly please show how to add video using video embed code from resources like Youtube, Metacafe, Google Video and etc..

Cheers
The Forum post is edited by Alia Mar 19 '13
Alia Team
Alia Mar 19 '13
Rainier.

1. Go to the needed video source to get the embed code. For example, youtube:

2. Copy the embed code and go to video>>add video page on your site
3. Fill in the form as shown bellow:

4. Click "Add". And you are done!!! )))

Result:

Rainier Sotelo
Rainier Sotelo Mar 20 '13
Hello Aiilia,

I've got a "page not found" notification following your 1-4 instructions, any other options?, or maybe I should update the video plugin since it is a free script.

Cheers
Alia Team
Alia Mar 21 '13
Rainier, you should have all plugins and core updated to 1.5.1 version.

Let me know if  you will be getting 404 not found error even after everything is updated.
Rainier Sotelo
Rainier Sotelo Mar 21 '13
Hello, it is working fine now, I just used the old embed code in your Step 1 instruction.

I'll also try "Use HTTPS" and "Enable privacy-enhanced mode" later.

Thanks a lot
TJ
TJ May 1 '13
Hi I keep getting this error as shown below while attempting to use youtube embeds ,even if trying to use old embed I still get errors.. any advice welcome thank you.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /video/add/index/ on this server.

Abu Monsur
Abu Monsur May 1 '13
Is there any plugin so that users can share video url from like Youtube, Metacafe, Google Video and etc. in stead of uploading?
Alia Team
Alia May 2 '13
>>Hi I keep getting this error as shown below while attempting to use youtube embeds ,even if trying to use old embed I still get errors.. any advice welcome thank you.

- can you paste what you currently have in your Oxwall's .htaccess file?
- can you make sure that you have set 777 permissions recursively to ow_pluginfiles and ow_userfiles folders?
- check your server's error logs, do you see any errors related to 403 or Forbidden...issue?

Alia Team
Alia May 2 '13
>>Is there any plugin so that users can share video url from like Youtube, Metacafe, Google Video and etc. in stead of uploading?

Abu, "Video" plugin we currently have, allows adding video embed codes instead of uploading video.
TJ
TJ Jul 12 '13
Hi Aliia now reading your reply and will try your suggestions and let you know how I get on thank you. 

.htaccess  

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

AddEncoding gzip .gz

AddEncoding gzip .gzip

<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">

ForceType text/javascript

</FilesMatch>

<FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">

ForceType text/css

</FilesMatch>

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} .*/http-bind

RewriteRule (.*) /http-bind [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

RewriteRule (.*) index.php

The Forum post is edited by TJ Jul 12 '13
ross Team
ross Jul 15 '13
TJ, keep us updated, if that won't work. 
bilalsonija
bilalsonija Jan 20
I adore each of the threads, I relished, I'd really like much more information with this, mainly because it is quite pleasant., Appreciate it intended for giving. rút tiền 789club