We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Dentist chair and positioning! | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
John
John Mar 22
I have a dental check up looming, but my dentist reclines the ‘chair’ into such a position that I feel as though my whole weight is on my neck, I had to change position a couple of times last time (before she started), she wasnt very receptive to my discomfort, the nurse gave me a cushion which only helped a bit and then I was left with a stiff and achey neck and shoulders for a few days after. (I struggle with my neck with the back wash at the hairdressers as well) and for context I have had some spinal and other surgeries, so I know its me not them, but I do wonder how very elderly people tolerate being upside down almost and I am not sure how to try to rectify my issue. Any ideas please, thanks
Claudette Leanna
I am 84 and have noticed this problem creeping up since my 60s. A nurse told me to ask for a neck pillow and to adjust it until I am able to relax completely.
I also have regular injections into my eye and the nurses there also say it's import to be comfortable as the stress of holding your head and neck in a relaxed alignment is necessary in order to be sure of placing the injection in the right part of the eyeball.
Practise at home with a rolled up sock or facecloth.
I now take a facecloth rolled up and fixed with 2 elastic bands with me to the dentists. Like yours, my dentist isn't bothered about my comfort.
Pari Palmer
Pari Palmer Mar 23
Have you tried communicating your concerns directly with your dentist? Sometimes they may not realize the extent of discomfort patients are experiencing unless it's brought to their attention. Perhaps discussing alternative chair positions or using additional cushions could help alleviate some of the strain.
Also, if you're interested in exploring more about dental care, especially for kids, you might want to check out this source I found helpful for insights on pediatric dentistry orthodontics: https://ironwoodpediatricdentistry.com/...tistry/orthodontics/
hdfg sdf
hdfg sdf Aug 22
Ceramic dental implants are increasingly recognized for their comprehensive advantages that extend beyond mere aesthetics and functionality, making them a notable option in contemporary restorative dentistry. One of the compelling benefits of ceramic implants is their ability to minimize the risk of metal-related complications, such as galvanic currents. Metal implants, particularly those made of titanium, can sometimes create a mild electric charge when exposed to other metals in the oral cavity, potentially leading to discomfort or interference with other dental work. Ceramic dental implants cost, being metal-free, eliminate this risk entirely, contributing to a more stable and comfortable dental environment.